65) Continuum

Title: Continuum
Author: @paradoxqueen
What is 'Continuum'?
- It is a fantasy and a romance!

Rating -
       9/10

EBI -
- Try to develop to your descriptions, adding colours, emotions, thoughts, feelings and references to them. Metaphors, similes, although simple, can have huge impacts on the reader and the emotion displayed through from the character
- 'Death' is quite contrasting. The 'you are dead, human' is seriously cold compared to him then promising not to hurt her and explaining. He could just use short and harsh words here too, but takes a different, longer approach - why? What is the effect of this on her?
- Description of the stabbing/her death (SPOILER ALERT) - make it more heartbreaking, more detailed, make the reader not only feel the pain but feel the hurt, her hate for this man, or maybe even her sympathy and heartbreak for him?
- The main character is due a lot more emotion, be it sadness, anger, pain. Maybe this is me being too picky, but if that were me or anyone I know, they'd be having an outrageous fit of emotions similar to an absolutely massive hurricane breakdown - screaming, yelling, crying, thrashing about, disbelief etc etc. If you're aiming to numb the character a little and show shock, do it extremely. Half annoyed, half sad, half numb - make sure it's conveyed clearly and shows her devastation.
- Fix the errors in your author's notes at the end of the chapters - uncapitalised 'I's and sentence starts and 'you're' instead of 'your' etc.

Review:
'Continuum' is a slow-building, ever-lasting story about a girl trying her hardest to float in a whirlpool of thrashing events and a battle between, life, death and somewhere in between. The character is likeable and there is a steady, slow-building panic, especially as the chapters progress and the reader's panic slowly seeps through into seriously feeling for the main character, Sabina. There's every ounce of mistrust but also achingly familiar friendship in the outcries of confusion between knowing what life and death are, or aren't. There's every hint to the supernatural as well as bursting romance, friendship, fantasy and death. However, there's also the perfect tinge of normality and its shattering demonstrates a complete break to the reader that says - 'this could be you' - further relating the story to how you as a person feel reading it. Connections like these in stories like these make for perfect reads and even perfect, as the reader says 'bittersweet' endings.

Blurb:

The cycle of life is a pretty simple one: you live, you die, you're reborn anew as a completely different person, repeat. Every life lived serves its own purpose and all memory of it is erased once it's completed.

After a not-so-simple run in with a not-so-simple death bringer however, Sabina Kagan is unable to agree. Her life cycle is different from everyone else's and she isn't even aware of it, at least not yet.

Come and join in as Sabina finds out that ignorance truly is bliss.

However, the ignorance of not reading this book will not be bliss!

Happy reading sweeties ❤️🎀