80) Vaenalo

Title: Vaenalo
Author: BlondeBomb365
What is 'Vaenalo'?
        -   It is a vampire story!

Rating:

          7/10

EBI:
- Read the comments and make adjustments accordingly!
- Capitalise G for 'gods' in the blurb
- Work on sentence flow
- Suggest a way to pronounce the main places/names
- Explain things to the reader before making assumptions that they're following along the same lines
- Don't be afraid to use brackets instead of dashes

Review:
      Vaenalo is a vampire story with a bite! The main character is interesting and the plot is even more so. It's the first story I've seen in a while that incorporates a dog, too, so I was pretty happy about that! The language is both the best of simple and complex, language not too confusing but not too basic either. The character's internal conflict is really interesting and the reader is almost dying to see how all of the interesting relationship dynamics end up. The use of italics, flashbacks, dreams etc. are really great and totally add to the story - plus the differences of two realms and the need for a queen puts everything in a dire and desperate, almost tense, perspective. The descriptions of fire in her room are really lifelike and easy to imagine - they're easily effective and it's constantly keeping the reader on the edge of their seat.

Blurb:

"Cupping my face with his bleeding hands, his lips pleasurably assaulted mine, an unrestrained lust radiating off him.

I was his; forever.

-

Once upon a time, in a realm - called Vaenalo - far far away, there was a teenager whose love life was on the verge of being exposed. She had her own Prince Charming, bonded only to her by the Gods above,  but she was firm on the belief she wouldn't marry young - when she had centuries of life ahead of her.

After an unfortunate twist of fate, Angelique Valeriana's best-kept secret was to be exposed. She wouldn't allow her traditional parents to dictate the way she led her life, so she fled.

Fled to another realm entirely: Earth. Where she lived out two hundred years before time eventually caught up to her in a small Grecian town, as well as the damaged but devilishly handsome Feliks Aleks Vladislav.

Having been abandoned by his soulmate all those years ago, Feliks had to pick up the pieces of his broken heart, and when his uncle - King of Vaenalo - suffered death by the malicious Siren King, Feliks quickly adjusted to the possibility of becoming the new king of a crumbling nation. Anger and rage is all he now considers towards the only one he's ever truly loved, but in order to set things right for his nation and take the throne, he must marry his Queen.

As they attempt to save their nation - and any trace of love - from dangerous enemies, will anyone be able to see it through to the end?"