38) Natalie's Diary

Title: Natalie's Diary
Author: KeriHalfacre
What is 'Natalie's Diary'?
        'Natalie's Diary' is a story of a girl who finds a book and a letter in the mail, right after she is exposed to the aftermath of her neighbour throwing herself out of her window. These items lead her on a trail of deceit, illusion, crime and frightening plot twists.

Rating -
       8.5/10

EBI -
• Try to make more emotion and feeling come through, more hints to raw, personal experience
• Alluding sentences to leave the reader feeling more mystery
• There's the occasional times where a word is missing or a sentence has all words but some in the wrong order
• There's still the occasional typos here and there

Review -
      'Natalie's Diary' is a mysterious and intriguing story that builds on drama, excitement and mystery throughout. The character is presented as someone who can identify with the readers straight away, with original thoughts clear and distinctive. The events are surreal and engaging, begging the reader to find solace in reading on. The first impression of the story is dramatic, edgy and horrifying - it really startles the reader and forces them to listen, especially the opening line of 'It began with a scream', showing a thrilling start to a brilliant story. The story hugely develops as it goes through and I can't wait til I read on from Chapter six and up to the very end! The allusive and tense atmosphere really pulls the reader in and holds onto them. It's definitely a book I'd find myself often and randomly thinking about if I didn't finish it.

Recommended?
        - Absolutely! If you're a lover of mystery, thrills, death, adventure - then check it out and enjoy falling in love with it!

Blurb -

Natalie Driscoll is dead.

She flung herself out a window and her neighbor Jane into the middle of Cullfield's darkest secrets. Following Natalie's instructions leads Jane to three other high school students and all of them have something to hide. It is up to the four of them to carry out Natalie's final errand as they unravel the mysteries written in her diary.

'Natalie's Diary' can be found in the reviewed book list now!

Happy Reading!