They moved to the main hall where they were having the dinner and holding the reception. Once the married couple were sat at the table at one end of the hall with those they had decided would sit with them, the speeches started. First off was Max's best man, Franklin, a friend he had had since he was quite young. Frank talked about Max as a boy, how happy he had always been and how happy he was for him. Normal stuff really. Then it was Hamish's turn. He stood up, clearing his throat and pulling out the note cards he had brought with him.

"I have, quite unfortunately, known Martin for my entire life. This is a total of twenty two years and is of course quite obvious due to the fact that we are twins." Hamish smiled slightly. Martin rolled his eyes up at his brother. "Martin and I are very different from each other. He has always been artistically talented and quiet, something that I am definitely not. I cannot remember a time when Martin wasn't painting masterpieces or banging out some beautiful tune on the piano, or violin, or whatever other instrument he decided to play. It has always been part of Martin and I have no doubt that he will go on to do brilliant things in the field of musical composition now that he has graduated. I do, however, remember a time before Martin met Max. Martin was always very quiet, he still is. He barely spoke to anyone apart from me, dad, papa and Molly. His only friend at school was Karina." He made a slight nod in her direction. "Bad things happened at school and yeah... You wouldn't blame him for not wanting to talk. But then he met Max. It was almost like something had sparked inside of him when he came home from his first year at boarding school. He was more snarky, more annoying and generally more happy. He talked more, which is weird because he always talked loads to me. What I'm trying to say is that... Max brought the best out of Martin. At first I was rather suspicious of him, after all how come I hadn't caused this change in my own twin brother? But when I met Max I found out why. Max is perfect for Martin, as Martin is perfect for Max. I couldn't imagine anyone else for my brother and that is why I am more than happy to welcome Max as my brother-in-law."

Martin sniffed slightly, now the one trying not to cry. There was quite a lot of applause before Hamish began to recall various stories about Martin. He talked about when they first went to nursery and pretended to be each other for the day. He went into quite a lot of detail about the time when as a family they had tried to make Molly a four tiered birthday cake and failed quite spectacularly. There was loads to talk about. Eventually he finished, sitting down to allow the newly wedded themselves to begin their speeches.

Max had chosen to go first, since he had no problems speaking in front of a crowd. He stood, not having an note cards. He and Martin had decided to keep their own speeches short. "I first met Martin when I began boarding school. He was the only other boy in the dorm when I walked in and helped me carry some of my various instruments. It was then that our friendship began. Martin was always one of the best friends I had, we have so much in common. I began to like Martin romantically in fourth year, but didn't have the confidence to tell him until just before the fifth year ball. We've been in a relationship since then. I think we'd both been kind of tiptoeing around it for ages. Martin is a wonderful person. He's sweet, he's so talented and even if he has his fair share of problems he's happy. I love Martin with all my heart, and could not think of anyone else to spend the rest of my life with. Thank you, Martin." Martin smiled, a watery one as tears filled his deep blue eyes. Wow... Martin had known this would be an emotional day, but not this emotional. Max wanted to spend the rest of his life with Martin... He really couldn't be happier.

Martin hesitated a moment before standing. Max gave his hand a quick squeeze before sitting again. Martin cleared his throat, taking a few deep breaths to calm down. "Max is a wonderful person. I've never known someone quite like him. I've grown up around wonderful people, my dad catches murderers before they can kill people and papa regularly saves peoples' lives. Max is like them in my eyes. He is always happy, always smiling and can always cheer everyone up no matter how bad the situation. He doesn't let anything bad affect his optimism. I think we should all be a little bit more like Max, just take life as it comes and enjoy it. Meeting Max changed me, as Hamish said. Max brought out the best in me and for that I am thankful. I only had one friend before Max, who will also forever be in my heart. I still do not have many more friends, but Max helped me build my confidence. I now have him, Karina, the other boys from boarding school, Catriona and more. I have Max to thank for it all. I never thought I would find someone special. Truthfully I never thought I would marry. But here I am and... Max, I love you more than ever. I will love you forever no matter what happens." He sat down, exhaling and breathing properly again. Max smiled warmly at him and their hands clasped under the table.

The meal was nice, relaxed chatting going on around the table. The two best men were at the table, of course, along with Martin's dads and sister, Max's parents and brother, Karina and Ollie. Martin had been surprised at how happy Karina had been for him... Then again they were best friends and their own relationship hadn't worked out. And Karina and Max got on quite well, which was brilliant.

After all the food Sherlock got up with his violin, along with Molly on her flute. They played a duet together for the married couple to dance to before the ceilidh band came on and everyone else joined in.

Martin and Max danced for a while before Max got a bit tired, his breath slightly wheezing, so they took a break and sat back down. Quite a few people came over to talk to them, offering congratulations. Martin found it quite amusing watching his dads dance, bickering over who would lead, and watched Molly as she switched from man to man having not actually brought anyone with her. She had broken up with Noel after a month of attempting a long distance relationship. It hadn't worked out.

"Congratulations, Martin, I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks, Ari," Martin smiled at his cousin, who was now twenty and working towards getting the job Mycroft had held before retiring. Martin's gaze flickered over to the man with Arianna. What on earth?

"So I'm sure you've already met my boyfriend, Mortimer," Arianna looked practically lovestruck as she looked up at Mortimer. Martin's gaze darted to where Uncle Mycroft sat with Uncle Greg. One look told him that neither really approved.

"Yes, I have," Martin managed to get out. Max didn't say anything, watching Mortimer with curious green eyes.

"Congratulations from me as well," Mortimer's smile was thin and didn't reach his eyes. "Do you know where Hamish is? I would quite like to talk to him." Martin pointed over to the dance floor, quite happy when he left along with Arianna.

"Didn't he almost ruin Hamish's relationship with Ollie?" Max asked, looking slightly confused.

"Yeah," Martin mumbled in reply. "I was sure he was gay."

"Obviously not."

Martin shrugged slightly. Something was off about Mortimer in general... but he didn't want to think about it. he would leave that to Hamish. This was his wedding day, he shouldn't worry about anything.

The rest of the night went wonderfully and afterwards the Watson-Adamses returned to their new flat in Edinburgh, exhausted but happy. It was safe to say it had been the best day of both of their lives.