Chapter 133, Narrator: Cole

I drug Akilah out of the alleyway. I saw several roamers on fire. "Who the hell threw that!?!" I asked as I lifted Akilah off the ground. "I don't know, and I don't wanna find out," she said as we ran for the truck. I grabbed a shotgun and some shells. "Jonothan, you see anybody?" I asked. "No!" he said as he grabbed a gun. "Akilah! Cole!" someone yelled. I looked over and saw Cameron and Mykell. "What's going on?" Cameron asked. "No time to explain, grab a gun and get ready!" I said.  I turned and saw roamers approaching. I started firing. I saw more roamers set on fire. "Who the fuck is throwing those?" Jonothan asked. "I don't know!" I said. I saw two people jump off of the roof of the building in front of us and land on a van. They started running and hoped we wouldn't see them. "Hey!" Jonothan yelled and started chasing them. We all started chasing them. Jonothan tackled one of them. In to a wall. Cameron grabbed the girl and put a gun to her head. She didn't say anything. "Cover me!" Jonothan said. I saw a bow on the ground. That's when I realized who it was. This is the one who has been helping us. Jonothan punched him in the face. I couldn't see who it was. He punched Jonothan and pushed him back. They both pulled their knives. The man with the hood had a chain knife. The herde was going for every Karen and the others. They were distracted. Akilah and Mykell ran to fight the herde. "Drop the knife, and you won't get hurt," the man with the hood said. I still couldn't see him. I couldn't recognize his voice. It sounded muffled. The woman was still. "Don't hurt him!" she begged. Jonothan swung his knife at the man. The man blocked his arm and pushed him back. He swung again but the man dodged. Jonothan charged at him and this time hit. He had his knife in the man's shoulder. The man pushed him back. The knife was still in his shoulder. I pointed my gun at him. Jonothan pulled his pistol as well. "Lower your knife," I said. "Please," I said. He had a bandana covering his face. "Who...are you?" I asked. He took his hood off. Then pulled the bandana down. "It's.....you," Cameron said. It was Avry. "You're the one that's been helping us," he said. Avry was silent. Cameron took his gun away from the girl's head. "Who is this?" Jonothan asked. "A friend of ours," I said. "We've thought he was dead for about a month now," I said. "Who's the girl?" I asked. "She saved me," Avry said. "After I fell in the river," he said. "Where is everyone else?" he asked. "Akilah and Mykell went to help them," I said. "Let's go then," he said. Avry picked the bow up off of the ground. "You sure you don't want a gun?" I asked. "No, I'm fine," he said. We ran in the direction of Akilah and Mykell. I was hoping Akilah was okay. I couldn't hear any roamers in the street. I could see the camper. I walked towards it. I opened the door. No one was inside. "Cole?" Karen said. I saw all of the others, except Destiny. Akilah dropped everything when she saw Avry. She ran and hugged him. "I thought you were dead," she said. "I did too," he said. He backed away from her holding his shoulder. "What happened?" she asked. "Your new "friend" attacked me," he said as he looked at Jonothan. "Who's that?" Akilah asked as looked at the girl. "That's LeAnn," Avry said. "She's the reason I'm alive," he said. "Thank you," Akilah said. "Where's Destiny?" I asked. "We thought she was with you," Karen said. "Well then we need to go look for her," Avry said. "What about Trinity and Ivy?" Cameron asked. Aaron looked back. "No time to grieve, we have to find Destiny," he said. "You need to let someone patch you up," I said. "I'm fine, I survived longer with even worse conditions," he said. "Hello!?!" someone yelled. I could I only assume that it was Destiny. We ran towards the scream. We were struggling though. She must've ran in to an alleyway. I started to hear gunshots. Then I saw where some of the vehicles had been moved. "Were they like this before?" I asked. "Maybe Destiny moved them trying to pin the herde in," Marquel said. "We've got the numbers to take out the herde now," Jonothan said. I saw Destiny shooting roamers. She was getting pinned. "There she is!" I said. Avry pulled out an arrow. "Duck!" he yelled he shot one of the roamers in the head. We all started firing. We needed to get Destiny out of there. Cameron and I started pushing the car out of the way. Destiny ran behind everyone. It took all of us to take out the herde. Destiny took out a large portion by herself. When it was all over we started packing. Destiny saw Avry. "Hey Destiny," Avry said. Destiny punched Avry in the mouth. "Asshole! I thought you were dead!" she yelled with tears filling her eyes. "Trust me, I wasn't planning on living that fall," he said. She hugged him. "Don't scare me like that," she said. "Avry, sit down, I need to patch you up," Destiny said. He took his jacket and shirt off. "Shouldn't we just get Lydia to do this for us?" he asked. I looked over at Cameron. "She...she didn't make it," Cameron said. "Well....what about Xavie, and Edward?" Avry asked. "They....they were killed," Akilah said. "Don? John?" Avry asked. "They died for each other a few days ago," Mykell said. "Kyle?" Avry asked. "Kyle stole our stuff and left us to die," Cameron said. "What about Mary? I mean, she has Elizabeth somewhere right?" Avry asked. "Elizabeth died a week after you left, she was killed, Mary did everything she could. But there was an accident before we left.....she's dead," Aaron said. "So there's only eleven of us?" Avry asked.