Chapter 127, Narrator: Ivy

"Cameron! Go get my gun!" I said. I stabbed a roamer in the head. It was dark, I could barely see in front of me. And it was foggy outside. Don was being grabbed by three roamers. I was going to help him. "Ivy!" Cameron yelled. I looked over, he tossed me a shotgun. I aimed at one of the roamers on top of Don. One grabbed my arm. I spun around and shot it. "Don!" John yelled as he ran to him. The roamers had already bit out his throat. John shot the roamers on top of him. I backed up as I tried to cover him and myself. I ended up backing in to the car. KAPOW! I shot one in front of me. I looked over and saw three approaching John. "Cameron load up the trucks with all our supplies, we gotta get outta here there's too many!" I said as I shot two that were coming at John. One of them managed to bite John on the shoulder. "No!" Lydia yelled. I ran over and shot any roamers blocking my path. "Lydia we gotta go!" I said and grabbed her shoulder. She just kept crying. "Come on!" I said and tried to get her up. "Ivy we gotta go!" Cameron said. "Lydia please!" I yelled. I heard the car driving away. "No!" I yelled. I started running after the car waving my hands. They were too far ahead. I looked back. I saw Lydia sitting with Don and John, just crying. The roamers surrounded her. I heard a car honking its horn. I turned around. Trinity flashed her lights at me. I jumped in the passenger seat. She spun around and started driving. "Where are we going?" I asked as I looked back at Lydia. "Cameron told me to come back for you, then meet at the bridge," she said. "God damn it," I said and wiped my eyes. "What happened?" she asked. "I don't know, one second I was in my tent, the next we were surrounded," I said. "We just lost three people," I said. "How?" she asked. "Don went down, John went after him and went down too, then Lydia just gave up," I said. "I was begging her to come with me," I said. "It's not your fault," she said. "I just......I'm tired of this," I said. As I wiped my eyes. We got to the bridge. I saw Cameron, Kyle, and Mykell waiting for us. Trinity and I got out of the car. "Where's Lydia?" Kyle asked. No one answered. "Don?" he said. No reply. "John!?!" he said. Still no reply. "God damnit!" he said. "Kyle, calm down," Cameron said. "No! We just lost four people!" Kyle said and walked off. "Kyle's right, we just lost four people, that's not something you can stay calm about," Mykell said. "You think this isn't hard for the rest of us," Cameron said. "I didn't say that," Mykell said. "We gotta get out of here," I said. "Where do we go?" Trinity asked. "That sign said back to South Carolina," I said. "We don't even know who left that sign," Cameron said. "Well whoever wrote it must know us," I said. "How do you know that?" he asked. "They knew that John was related to Aaron," I said. "Man, I don't know about this," Mykell said. "At this point I don't see another option," I said. "She's right, this is our best bet," Cameron said. "When we get there where do we go?" Trinity asked. I had an idea, but I wasn't sure if anyone would agree. "Seeing as how you and Cameron are the only ones that know the area, it's up to you guys," Mykell said. "I was thinking," I said and glanced at Cameron. "I was thinking maybe we go and check the police station," I said. "You sure?" Cameron asked. "Yeah," I said. "Why?" he asked. "We weren't ran out by roamers, we were ran out by people," I said. "We can go and get the weapons we lost," I said. "I guess that's where we'll go," he said. "Someone go get Kyle," he said. I walked over to Kyle. "Kyle," I said. "This is the spot," he said. "What?" I asked. "This is where it started," he said. "Where what started?" I asked. "Everything," he said. "We saw the first infected here. This is where the military decided to make base. This is where we found Jared's group. Its also where Avry fell. And it's also where the roamers marched to St. Louis from," he said. "This bridge, it's covered in blood and death," he said. "Kyle, we gotta go," I said. "Yeah," he said. He walked over and got in Cameron's car. "Where do we stop first?" Mykell asked. "We'll meet when we get to Tennessee," I said. I got in the passenger seat of Trinity's car. "See you then," I said. Trinity and I led the way. "This is good," Trinity said. "What?" I said. "What we're doing, it's good," she said. "We have a decent amount of supplies, and we have a place to go," she said. "Yeah, hopefully we can make it there," I said. "We will," she said. I could still see the arch. "So what are we gonna do when we run in to another herde?" she asked. "I don't know, we don't have the numbers anymore," I said. "We try to find a way around it, or through it," I said. "If it's too bad then we make a detour," I said. "Can we make a stop in Tennessee?" she asked. "Depends on where," I said. "It has supplies locked up, Cole and I tried to bust it open but we didn't have enough time," she said. "Yeah, we'll stop for it," I said. We drove for a couple more hours. I saw the sign. Trinity honked the horn signalling Cameron to stop. We all got out of our cars. "Welcome to Tennessee," I said.