to forget you.♡

"What do you mean he's dead?!"

"They found his body, somewhere near a forest trail."

Taehyung gaped at Jin, his face had paled, and his throat had clogged up with tears, this wasn't real this couldn't be real.

Jungkook wasn't dead.

No.

"F-Fuck you're j-joking, right?"

Jin shook his head slowly, a tear rolled down his cheek as he let out a quiet whimper.

Namjoon hugged him from behind trying to comfort his boyfriend.

Taehyung blinked away his tears, no, he still couldn't believe this was real.

It wasn't.

"H-How?"

"They don't know yet." Namjoon spoke quietly as he continued to console his very distressed boyfriend, his head hung low as he spoke with solemn.

"They think he might've killed himself."

Taehyung couldn't, couldn't seem to grasp or make sense of the situation.

The male who he held so close to his heart, was dead, and it just felt so unreal to him.

There, a tear fell from his eye as he stared at his ring, he clutched his chest as the boy fell to his knees, choking out a sob as he cried and cried his hands covering his mouth as short gasps left his mouth.

Tears that he tried so hard to hold back, the many months when the boy had told himself to just hold it all in for the sake of Jungkook, it was useless.

Jimin who was previously sulking rather gloomily on his couch immediately gets on his feet, rushing towards the younger boy who looked like he'd pass out any moment.

No, you can't be.

You can't be gone.

"I'll always be by your side, love."

Jimin held Taehyung, as the boy as he cried his heart out, the longing in his heart to be with the raven-haired boy was unbearable, he needed him.

Taehyung, wiped away his tears, sniffling, he grasps onto Jimin's shoulder as he stands up, his legs shaking slightly as he does so.

He felt weak, so helpless, what could he do?

It's not like he could miraculously bring him back to life, it was over, it was all over.

Not even a goodbye, Taehyung chuckles humourlessly as the tears
continued to flow as a river down his cheeks.

"C-Can't w-we see him?"

Taehyung croaked, his eyes still stung, tears threatening.

Jin gently pushed Namjoon away, he shook his head heaving a sigh as he ran his fingers through his now pink hair, as he spoke.

"T-They wouldn't allow us to, they are already prepping the funeral."

"What?! They can't just-"

Taehyung stood gaping, his cheeks flushed from his previous tears.

Hoseok coos pitifully as he pulls the younger boy into a comforting embrace, rocking him back and forth slightly as Taehyung shut his eyes, his breathing a little ragged.

Though, he wished for Jungkook to hold him, for him to be there like he always was.

"Sh, you're alright," Hoseok mumbles into the younger's ear softly, arms wrapped around him in a comforting manner, although his usual bright smile was replaced with a rare frown.

No.

You're not-

"He can't be dead!"

Yoongi shouts, banging his fist against the kitchen countertop as he grunts in aggravation.

Jimin jumps a little at the sound, Yoongi hugs the boy from behind burying his face into the crook of the other's neck as he sighs shakily.

"We tried,"

Taehyung's body wracked, as he sobbed.

He saved me.

Yet I couldn't save him, was there something he never told me?

This was my fault, I hadn't known of his troubles.

The boy gripped onto his promise band, smiling weakly through his tears as he remembered, remembered everything of the ravenette who held such a place in his heart, his smile, his laugh, his love.

If I could've at least said goodbye?

Would it have been easier, to forget you?

_

"I'm sorry, Taehyung."

Jungkook curls his hands into fists, as he stared out of his balcony, pondering in his thoughts as he felt a pressing guilt, though he knew it was for the best no matter how hard it may have been for him to come to accept that he, would no longer see Taehyung.

Taehyung wouldn't love a monster.

He wouldn't love me if he knew, what I had done, what I will eventually come to do.

He stared longingly at his ring, that he had slipped back onto his finger, he wanted at least one thing to hold onto, to remind him that he once loved.

To remind himself, that he'll always love.

Jungkook could feel unshed tears well up in his eyes, his heart pained greatly and all he really wanted to do was run, run back to him.

Had I hurt him so much?

Jungkook bit down on his lip rather harshly, harsh enough to draw blood, though the pain could definitely not compare to the pain in his heart.

He'd do anything, anything, just to see his lover's face for the last time. To see him happy and smiling, not hooked up to a fucking machine in a hospital.

"It's best if he didn't know."

Jungkook's father stepped out on to the balcony, arms clasped behind his back as he smiled at his son with almost sympathy.

Almost, that is.

"Why are you here?" Jungkook spoke curtly in response, he sounded tired, defeated.

The last person he really wanted to see right now was his father, really, the star of the show.

"Well, you've missed a lot while you were away son."

The boy's father smiled rather crookedly, as he examined his son with judging eyes, then later clicking his tongue in disapproval.

The sound all too familiar to Jungkook.

"We'll have to work on that, won't we?"

I love you Taehyung,

I always will.

-