It's strange, is it not?

October 16th, 1802

My dear Shiro,

I have finally unpacked my luggage up here in my new village. It's peculiar, really. So many houses, so little people. I wonder if I am the only one here, although, I couldn't imagine why! The grass is long and soft; like that of an angle's head. 

The move went along smoothly enough and the silence is most enjoyable. Normally, you know I would enjoy being alone, you being the exception of course, but here, I feel completely and utterly alone. I have yet to experience another place where I feel so alone. 

I do not yet know if I quite enjoy this feeling or loathe it. For now, I shall simply allow myself to feel this peculiar feeling. 

Oh, and before I consign to oblivion, I must tell you the queer story from today!

I was getting a feel for the land, taking in my new surroundings, enjoying the crisp air when something caught my eye or rather, someone, which is bizarre because like I said, above, this village is empty. 

The man, for it was a man, had skin the color of light bronze, his hair dark brown and his eyes, oh his eyes, they were that of the clearest ocean days, cerulean.
His eyes connected with mine and he slightly grinned, gesturing his hand in a way that I knew he wanted me to follow. 

And so, I did. 

I dashed to the forest, where he was, but he too started to run. And as you know, I am of the curious sort, so I continued to chase after him. He looked back a few times, his face twisting into a bigger smile each time. I must concede that I as well was smiling. 

I hadn't known this man's name and yet we were playing a game; cat and mouse, I the cat, and he the mouse. 

The trees passed me in a flurry of green.

This man seemed more important than any trees or animals that may have been in my way. 

I remember losing him somewhere in the woods and I was quite heavyhearted. 
I did not stop running. It was like I could not. Like something was forcing me to continue onward.
I finally reached him, leaning against the trunk of a large tree, the sunning glinting through the leaves reaching his face, lighting him up. 

He motioned me to sit next to him and so I did.

We did not say anything, but rather, we sat there and enjoyed the wonders of the forest.

Birds singing sweetly in the air, the moss soft under my touch, and the air seemed cleaner than ever. 

"What do you think?" The man said at last; his voice seemed to be laced with honey. 

"It's quite astounding. Do you come here often?" I had asked. The man nodded his head smoothly. 

"Yes, this forest is my home. And I welcome you to it with open arms." He kindly said. 

"What is your name?" I requested. He chuckled and rest his head against the tree. 

"I am Lance. And you?" He turned his head to face me but kept it on the trunk of the tree.  

"I'm Keith." I responded. He smiled and went back to listening to the sounds of the forest, his home. 

I mustn't lie, he struck me as scobberlotcher but I couldn't be too sure.

I had closed my eyes for only a second, but when I opened them? Lance had disappeared, leaving me alone in the woods. I swear, my eyes were closed only a second. 

The strangest bit about all this? 
I still felt completely and utterly alone. Like no one was there.

Had I imagined him? Perhaps that is what happens.