The day after...

Warning: Suicide 

Dear Keith,

It's so strange. All of it. Just yesterday we were hanging out in the kitchen, trying to make cupcakes. Keyword, trying. 

You seemed so happy. Happier than usual. 

I should've taken it as a sign that something was wrong. 

You were kissing me more, holding me more, joking with me more. 

I didn't think twice. 

I remember last night before you left, you took a bag of our sad excuses of cupcakes and kissed me for a long time. 

I still remember how that felt. Your skin was warm and I almost melted in your embrace. 

I wish I had soaked it in more. 

When we pulled apart, you told me that you love me. That was the first time you had ever said that to me. 

I told you I loved you too, and I did. I do. 

Then you left to go home. That's what I thought, anyway. 

In the middle of the night, I got a call from Shiro. 

He told me that you died. You jumped off of a bridge after taking too much medicine. 

Oh, how I sobbed. I'm still crying now. 

Keith, I know you will never get this note, but I want to tell you that I love you so much. I wish I could've helped you, I could have stopped you. And if I couldn't... well, at least I would know that I tried. 

I can't help blaming myself. 

Everything is so strange because the world's still turning, but mine isn't. 

I've seen fifteen people on the streets today and I ask myself 'how could they be so happy in a time of sorrow?'

It feels like the world should stop, but it keeps going. 

Why can't everything stop? You are one of the most important people in my life and I still can't believe you're gone. I honestly tricked myself into thinking that it was all some sick, twisted prank. 

I know it's not. 

Please come back. If not for me, then for yourself. 

You have people who care about you and you are worth so much. Nobody should ever feel like resorting to suicide. 

You are important, and I love you.

My love goes out to you, forever.

Your boyfriend, 

Lance. 

Keith walked around town. Kids ran past his legs playing kickball and Keith chuckled. 

He saw a stray dog slowly approaching someone offering her food and Keith felt his heart warming up. 

He walked into Lance's house to find Lance on the kitchen floor, sobbing while holding a piece of paper.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," He weakly whispered. He took out his phone and found a picture of him and Keith and cried harder. 

Keith crouched in front of him. 

"Lance, please, it wasn't your fault," Keith said, his voice airy and echoey. He tried holding Lance's arms, but his hands phased right through him. 

Keith ran out of the house, tears streaming down his face until he stopped in front of the morgue. He ran inside and saw his cold, lifeless body on a cold piece of slab. 

"Take me back," Keith demanded. 
"Take me back!" He yelled. 

"Please... take me back, I won't do it again, please..." Keith begged, his voice breaking. 

But the damage was done. 

You can't take back your life the day after you die. 

To all of my beautiful, handsome, attractive readers, if something is causing you to think suicide is a viable option for getting out, please don't. 

You have so much to live for, and you're so important. 

You have people who care about you, in real life or internet.

Yeah, things suck right now, but if you don't pull through, you won't see yourself getting better. 

Suicide is nothing to joke around with and I only write stories like this when I feel the need to.

I just want everyone to be safe and happy, and I know it takes a lot of work to get there. Believe me, I know. 

I know this story isn't very detailed, but I hope it gets the point across.

You cannot take back your life after you die and if you become a ghost, I can assure you that you would regret it, and you're going to miss out on all of the wonderful things life has to offer. 

There is always an answer to everything, so please don't give up. 

*throws fluffy blanket at your heads* Now go, my children. Be a fruit loop in a world of cheerios. 

Stay awesome, my fabulous t-rexs.

-Rowan ♥