For all eternity

I got inspired by this one video I found, so here (note: not the video above, unfortunately)

Warnings: I'm not sure if this will trigger anyone so, I decided to put a warning just in case. It escalates pretty quickly and Lance kind of strays away from the conversation at hand and goes into an existential crisis, so... I'm not sure if that's triggering for anyone, but I figured better safe than sorry.

"Hey, Lance?" Keith asked as they sat on the ground in a park.

"Are we friends?" He asked. Lance tilted his head.

"What do you mean?" Lance asked. Keith sighed and hugged his knees to his chest.

"I mean, well, if we're friends or not. I really like being around you and I'd like to think we're friends, but I just don't know. So, are we?" Keith asked. Lance let out a chuckle.

"What are friends but only people with whom you share a bond with? What is the point of bonding when we're not going to be here forever? Don't you realize that our world is dying? We are dying. What's the point in anything other than death? Living creatures are literally born to die, so what's the point in making a friendship?" Lance asked. Keith rested his head on his knees.

"Well, what about the joy? I find joy everywhere, I find it in this park, the stars in the sky, training, and you. Isn't joy just as, if not, more important?" Keith asked.

"Keith, when I was about eight or so, and everyone was walking on into school, I was pondering what happens when we die. Some say we slip into the dark abyss of nothingness, and some say we get treated by our God. But you know something? I actually figured it out. It was like the sky, which had been so dark, had finally cleared away. I could almost see everything." Lance said. 

"What happens?"

"Our soul slips into space and we get to watch the lives of everyone. For all eternity." Lance said. He looked up at the sky.

"Well, I want to be with you when we do die and our souls travel to space, I guess," Keith said. Lance looked over at him.

"Why? Don't you realize that as many friends as we do have, we are alone in this universe?" Lance asked. Keith turned to face him.

"Then let's travel to another universe. Then you can realize that you're not alone and friends do matter. You matter to me and I'm not even sure if you think we're friends." Keith said. 

"You make it sound so easy," Lance said with a smile. 

"Well, it's not. But it's a risk you should be willing to take. Away with the existential crisis. Just enjoy life while you can because you're right; it's not going to be around forever." Keith said. Lance picked at the grass. 

"Lance, even if you think life is meaningless, don't you want someone to at least to be by your side? Just have at least one friend, you don't need a squad. And I want to be that friend." Keith insisted. He held his hand out.

"So? What do you say? Wanna try something new?" Keith asked. Lance stared at his hand. 

"I'm going to say weird shit like this a lot, you realize," Lance said. Keith nodded.

"And I'll be there to help you realize that life doesn't suck as much as you think it does," Keith assured. Lance hesitated before taking Keith's hand in his. 

"Something new," Lance muttered. He looked Keith in the eyes.
"I like the sound of that."

Honestly, I have no idea what the fuck this was but here it is. An actual update. 

Stay awesome my fabulous t-rexs!