The things we used to share (Song Fic)

Okay, so I just absolutely had to write a song fic for this song. Thomas is a precious angle bean and I feel so bad that he's going through this.

Anyway, on to it.

Warning: Angst and fighting and just sad this is really sad 

You can have the toaster and the PC or even my Timothy Green DVD

Lance sat on the couch. Even though it happened only a week ago, he still couldn't believe it.

I let you have the couch and the TV 

Keith and Lance had gotten into a brutal fight. There was no physical violence, just verbal. It was always verbal, but they always pulled through. Not this time it seems. 

Keith left, and Lance's heart couldn't have shattered more.

Hang onto the jacket that you bought for me

Keith was supposed to come over to take his stuff and leave. For good.

Lance was dreading the visit.

I don't really care, you can keep the things we used to share

A part of Lance was happy. They had been on again off again for so long, that it felt good to just end it all.

Most of him was devastated. Keith had been with him through thick and thin. He's seen Lance at his lowest and highest. 

Deep down, Lance knew this was good for him and Keith both, but it still hurt. 

But what did you do to my heart? What did you do with my heart? 

Why did Lance have to find out what Keith had done? Couldn't they have just been happy? It was so good for so long. Longer than normal for them.

Then Keith had to go and screw it up. Like always. 

No more fireworks, no more compass, you didn't leave a single butterfly in my stomach

In all honesty, Lance should have seen it coming. The spark between them was dying. He didn't even feel much whenever Keith held his hand, but he still felt something. 

You took my spy glass, don't know what lies ahead 

Lance heard a knock on the door. He jumped up from his seat and opened the door to see Keith standing with a box in his hands, a stern look on his face. Lance ushered him in, not saying a word.

Took my warmth at night but left a dent in my bed

Keith started gathering his things.

I don't really care, you can keep the things we used to share