Chapter Forty: Iron Lords

En başından başla

Austin: So you're not gonna help?

Cayde: Wait a minute. That's not what he's saying.

Zavala: We ourselves are recovering from this war ourselves. We thank you and everyone for their service, but....

Ikora: We cannot afford to send any more Guardians into the unknown.

Great. Fucking fantastic!

Ghost: Calm down.

I tried to remain calm and collective, though my tired eyes said otherwise. Ikora continued.

Ikora: But that does not mean we will not help you. As of now we can send Remnant a few supplies.

Zavala: But until we know for sure the Last City will not fall, we will not send anyone else with. I'm sorry Guardian.

I sat back down in the chair, my hands swiping my hair as I debated what to do now.

Austin: So....what now?

Ruby: Look what I found Weiss!

I looked up after hearing Ruby scream for joy. She had something in her hands, but could barely make out the shape of it.

Weiss: Ruby! Where did you find that furry.....four legged....beautiful doggy?

Blake: Please keep them away from me.

Dogs? There's no dogs in the Tower. Wait.....

I realized then that it wasn't a dog, but a wolf. A howl was heard from my right and as I looked towards it, I noticed the source of it all.

 A howl was heard from my right and as I looked towards it, I noticed the source of it all

Saladin: If the Vanguard cannot help, then the Iron Lords shall take their place.

Austin: Good to see you again after so long Lord Saladin.

Saladin: It surely has been a long time Young Wolf.

We approached each other at the bonfire, shaking hands and sitting together as we looked into the flames. Yang sat beside me, holding my hand and leaning on me as the group looked at Lord Saladin, wondering who the man was. Blake spoke first, though she was nervous about the two wolves across from her.

Blake: So I'm guessing you two know each other?

Austin: Yeah. He's my mentor, one of them at least.

Saladin: So they are the people from another planet.

Austin: Yeah. Guys. This is Lord Saladin.

Lord Saladin scanned everyone for their reaction to the gold and white Titan. Nora, Yang, and Ruby showed awe in the armor and the iron battle axe that resided on his back. Weiss, Ren, Sun, and Jaune showed interest in the Iron Lords symbol. Blake was eyeballing the wolves, staring them down.