Chapter Thirty-Six: Where's My Tank?

Start from the beginning

Hawthorne: No. Not really into capes.

Cayde: A bit obvious. Nice poncho.

Hawthorne: You need to get your team into the city without raising any alarms, my team and I can help you with that. We also happen to be good at shooting bad guys.

Ikora: Hawthorne. It's one thing for us Guardians to put our lives on the line, but this doesn't have to be your fight. And those people you brought Guardian, it's not their fight either.

Hawthorne: Guardians? You think you've cornered the market on sacrifice? You forget that we had to live without the Light all our lives. Once upon a time, that big white ball in the sky was there for all of us. I think it's about time we repay the favor.

Austin: Guardians or not, this is now everyone's fight. An entire galaxy's fate now rests on all of us.

Cayde: Okay, great little speeches and all, but let's not forget the whole supernova and complete annihilation thingy.

Zavala: If we cannot destroy the Almighty, then we'll have to disable it's weapon. That means getting you on board Titan.

Austin: At this point, I'm not surprised.

Ikora: We'll need a disguise if we're to get him through a Cabal armada.

Hawthorne: If it's a Cabal ship you're after, there's a base nearby full of them, but it won't be easy sneaking in.

Zavala: Oh we're done sneaking around.

Austin: Oh?

Zavala: If there's one thing I've learned from watching Cayde, it's the art of making a grand entrance.

Cayde and I looked at each other with mixed reactions. His was excitement, as mine was confusion. It was a first to hear Zavala, of all people, to say that.

Cayde: This is great. Anyone want a hug?..... Hugs?.....Hawthorne?.....Austin?...... Okay, no hugs.

Austin: As for my fireteam.

Zavala: We will divide them among us.

Ruby: Divide what now?

We all looked over to see Ruby and the others in the barn.

Austin: That was fast.

Ruby: Well it would've been nice to keep going but Nora hit it into the woods!

Nora: That was the wind!

Ruby: That was your hammer!

Oh sweet mother of god.

Zavala: Excellent timing on your part Ms Rose. We will divide you all into three groups the best that we can.

Austin: I got it Commander. Ruby, Blake, and Sun. I'm putting you two with the Renegade.

Cayde: Ah. Nicknames. How mature of you.

Austin: Oh shut up Cayde. Weiss, Ren, and Jaune. You three will be with The Scholar.

Ikora: I am curious to see how they perform out there.

Austin: Yang and Nora. I'm placing you two in the hands of the Defender.

Zavala: An appropriate title, Titan.

???: I hope you are not forgetting about me, Saladin's young wolf.

Austin: Lord Shaxx?

At the corner of eye, I saw the Titan walk forward, his head scanning the fireteam.