A Drunken Mistake - "We're home bitches!"

Start from the beginning

In the VIP with the movie stars

Every good gold digger’s gonna wind up there

Every Playboy bunny with the bleach blond hair

And well, hey, hey, I wanna be a rockstar

Hey, hey, I wanna be a rockstar!”

Katy and I scream at the top of our lungs, both of us way too loud and seriously out of tune, but we’re laughing too much to care.

Katy starts banging her head up and down, playing air guitar with amazing enthusiasm. I just laugh as I watch her, loving the smile I see on her face as she laughs too.

“That was quite a performance…” I say when the song finishes and a song we’ve never heard starts playing instead.

“Yeah well, I’ve become quite the expert in air guitar over the years. I did try to make it a professional a year back but there weren’t any jobs going,” she sighs dramatically, winking at me.

I just laugh and shake my head at her, wrapping my hand that’s not on the wheel round one of hers.

“So did Amy mind having to travel back with Kyle?” I ask, wondering if her best friend was really okay with travelling back with mine.

“Yeah she was fine with it; I personally think she likes Kyle a little more than she’s letting on.”

“Well Kyle definitely wouldn’t mind that, he hasn’t stopped talking about her since he met her. I honestly I think I know more about her than you do,” I sigh thinking of how my best friend has managed to become obsessed with the girl I love’s best friend.

“Okay let’s make a bet. I say that Kyle will make the first move into them hooking up,” she offers.

“Oh you’re on, what you don’t know about Kyle is that he’s seriously a pussy when it comes to girls.”

She laughs, “Yeah well Amy ain’t much better, I don’t think she’s ever asked a guy out before in her life.”

“Well there’s a first for everything. What’s the stakes in this bet?” I ask.

“You win, I do anything you want, I win, you do anything I want,” she winks teasingly at me.

She has no idea the effect she has on me when she does stuff like that.

“Deal,” I shoot her a wink back.

Katy falls asleep soon after that, looking just as peaceful sleeping here in my car then she did last night. Curled up in a tight ball with her legs tucked under her chin and her head resting gently against the window, the beauty of her makes me catch my breathe.

I can’t believe in a couple of hours I’ll be standing in the place I have been desperately trying to find all these years. I’ll finally get to see that place she’s been spending these years waiting for me.

I try to imagine exactly how it’s going to look based on all the things I know about her.

I imagine a queen sized bed, decorated with fairy lights. I see blues and pinks, whites and reds, a complete mixture that matches her personality. I know she loves her small flat, it being the first place she was free without the constant fear, it was her first sanctuary.

But I want us to have a place of our own, a place that’s ours. I want a garden and a couple of bedrooms. I want a big kitchen where we can make pancakes in the morning and romantic dinners at night. I want our own bedroom, one we both decorated and that we share. I want a whole life with her.