our lucky charm...

Conor's point of view:

When i got the call i chucked some random jeans and a plain white top on and ran out the door with my phone and keys to my car. I got in my car and drove as fast as i could to the hospital, it was happening. I ran from the car straight through to the entrance of the crisis team, i swung the doors open and all the nurses poped their heads out of the rooms to find out what was going on, then i saw her....

Earlier that day...

I woke up a little bit later today then i have been this past month and a half it was 10.00am when i opened my eyes and decided to get washed and dressed ready to go to the hospital. Today is 3 weeks since Summer got her new liver but she still hasn't woken up yet from the coma. The doctors and nurses say that she will wake up when she's ready but in a weeks time it would have been 2 months since we first came in and found out that she was going to die only putting up a 2month fight.

I arrived at the hospital and said hello to all the nurses who I've grown a bond to, well i mean I've been coming here for nearly 2months so you start to know names. i walked into the room where Summer was and gave her a kiss on her head to let her know I'm here, then i took a seat in the chair which has pretty much now moulded to my bum shape. I held Summers hand then with my other scrolled through Instagram, twitter, snapchat and Facebook while i waited for the doctors to come round and do their checks. 

The door opened and it was the doctor, Good morning, i said greeting him, and he responded with a morning Conor. So lets see how Summer is doing today, he said plugging in a ultra sound machine into the wall and rolling it over Summers stomach and new scar. Well it looks like she is improving, i think we now will be able to take some of these IVs and drips out, he said gladly. Okay so when will she wake up? i asked like every other day. Well at the moment it is possible in the next few weeks defiantly but Conor you do realise that everything building up these past 2 months will all come out in one go all the pain, flashbacks and all the conversations people have had in this room while she has been sleeping she can still hear everything just unable to respond. Yes i realise that but i know we are going to get through it. 

A few hours have passed and now Summer has had 3 IV tubes token out of her, now she only has her reading tube, breathing tube and medication tube and since them being token out her hands have got so much warmer i mean not mine or yours warm but Summers warm.It was now time for me to leave and go back to the hotel, i kissed Summer goodnight on her forehead and left. Whenever i leave Summers bed i always tell the nurses to call me if anything changes so i can quickly come back. 

I got in my car and decided to go get some dinner from McDonalds which was just past the hotel because i was starving. Hello could i get a big mac meal with a chocolate milkshake, within minutes my food was ready and i drove back to the hotel room to eat it.  By the time i finished my dinner and phoned my mum and brother to tell them how Summer was today it was 11.00pm and i decided to go bed...

the next morning - 6.00am

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ!!

I rolled over when i heard the BUZZing but didn't think much of it. It kept ringing so i gave in and opened my eyes and looked around the room to see what it was, it was my phone. I quickly jumped up and answered it:

Nurse

Hello Conor its Margret one of the nurses on the crisis team, i got told i needed to call you if there was any major changed with the young girl Summer Brown, well theres no easy way to put this i think you need to come up to the ward now!!....

End of conversation

I quickly jumped up out of bed and searched around in the dark for the light switch. I chucked some random jeans and a plain white top on and ran out the door with my phone and keys to my car. I got in my car and drove as fast as i could to the hospital, it was happening. I ran from the car straight through to the entrance of the crisis team, i swung the doors open and all the nurses poped their heads out of the rooms to find out what was going on, then i saw her....

There was a nurse and doctor around the bed talking. I walked slowly up to the door and they heard and turned around and smiled which i was very confused about, then they both moved to the side and their she was.. Summer was sat proped up in bed smiling. I didn't know what to do i was so stunned seeing her awake let alone smiling. 

I walked up to her still speechless but so happy, i wrapped my arms around her and she wrapped her arms around my shoulders everything else just didn't matter after that hug, but i made it last for ages as i squeezed her a little too tight which made her move uncomfortably from the pain.  Sorry, i said finally pulling away. Its fine Conor she said with tears rolling down her face, she held my head and we were just staring at each other both with tears rolling down our faces then she pulled me closer and kissed my lips.

Soon after the doctor and nurse left and me and Summer was just so overwhelmed by it all, i sat on the edge of her bed to keep me balanced, but she moved closer to the edge so i could fit in bed with her. I rapped my arm around her while she laid her head on my shoulder, i fiddled with her bracelet which was still on from what Jack brought her for her birthday. Summer was dozing of but before she finally gave in and went to sleep she said one thing..

I love you Conor.... I love you too, and with that i kissed her on her head and she got comfy on me then went to sleep and i soon followed....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this happy ending chapter please remember to comment, share and vote!

also follow me to get notifications of when the new chapter is available ;)

YouTuberSquad xx