72. Afraid

Lydia, Scott, and Malia went out trying to find whoever shot that bullet, or another clue, I went to my apartment trying to contact Chris. I remember he told me he was busy with something and he had a burner phone I should call in case of anything. I was supposed to be going to this 'mission' with him, but he said I was unfit for it after a couple events went down.

I was in a bad place after Vanessa left so I don't blame him for pushing me away, I was supposed to be strong, I'm not supposed to let things get in my way. I want to be like Chris but I can't because I'm too emotional and I get too attached, he watched his wife and daughter die without shedding a tear, I start balling out when I see puppy commercials.

I found the number when I was scrounging through my desk drawer, I texted the number to Malia then began calling.

"The number you are trying to reach-" I pulled the phone from my ear and turned it off, I looked at the folder I put my unfinished press release in.

I texted a member in the Wasi to finish the paper.

I seen Lydia's caller ID appear on my phone, I looked at the picture of us for a while, we took it in Italy.

I answered it and held it to my ear "find Argent" she asked "no" I told her "okay well, don't tell anyone about the bullet casing till we do" she stated "I wasn't planning on telling anyone at all" I remarked, "and another thing, tomorrow meet me at the sheriffs station" she ordered "what time" I asked "noon" she told me "I can do that" I said hanging up the phone.

I walked into the sheriffs station, I was dressed in a pantsuit and heels because of where I had to be later.

I seen Lydia and deputy Parrish talking, I walked up to them, "what happened" I asked "when I was having that premonition, I heard a beep sound like a keycard and it's not here so it might be the closed unit Eichen house" she told me, "you mean the supernatural level" I inquired she nodded, "Lydia you're not going back to Eichen house" Parrish demanded "I have to" she told him, "Lydia I agree" I told her, "how about you guys come with me" she asked "how about Aubrey  and I go" Parrish insisted, "fine" she sighed, "I'll call you if anything" I told her.

Parrish and I got into the deputy's car, I looked at my phone to see a text from David, he's the leader of the Wasi, "at Eichen now, waiting for you" it said.

"I'm sorry to ask but may you please abuse your power to speed" I asked "why" he asked "because I have to be there for something important, I'll slip away with Fenris and we'll meet you at the closed unit" I planned "at least I know why you're not in your normal attire, what business do you have at Eichen House" he asked "I'm trying to get it shut down" I told him "why" he asked "it's not a suitable place for people with mental illnesses" I answered.

A few minutes later Parrish asked "what's going to happen to all the crazy supernaturals" he asked "Lydia wasn't crazy, but they drilled holes into her head and that's what made her crazy, that's happening to a lot of people there, no one deserves that, not even a crazy supernatural" I told him, "are you going to tell Lydia's story" he asked "if I didn't, she'd have to relive it" I remarked.

We pulled up to Eichen house, I seen David, "you brought the police" David asked "no, the police brought me, are they examining anyone yet" I asked "no, they're waiting for an opening statement by you" he told me, "I don't have one" I said "make it up" he told me.

I walked through the door, there were people in suits and a couple of Eichen House staff including Fenris in the waiting room.

"Hi I'm Aubrey Cunning, I'm here to bring light to the mistreatment at Eichen House" I started "there has been sixty-two suicides in the past two years at this facility, not because the people were 'crazy' but because they weren't getting the help a mental institution promises" I finished. "Tell us about your time here" one of the state doctors asked.

When I was finished I tugged at dr. Fenris sleeve, "dr. Morten will show you the way" Fenris told them, as they walked away he turned to me "you've got a lot of nerve" he hissed "my friend was probed here, all of you knew and you still sat on your asses, now take me to the close unit before I-" he paused me "before you what, take the state down there too" he scuffed sarcastically "try me" I threatened.

We walked to the door to the close unit I pulled out my phone to record the sound of the keycard, before he swiped his card we heard a scream, Parrish reached for his gun. Fenris pulled back the card, "let us in" I ordered "open the door now" Parrish said.

He swiped his card, and we walked in, I heard the door close behind Parrish and I, I turned to see dr, Fenris leave, "we'll find another way" Parrish told me, he had his gun out and we slowly followed the scream.

We stopped at a door, it did not door knob so I just pushed it open.

There were bodies laying everywhere in the shower room, bathtubs with water spilling over onto the floor and cut wires coming from the ceiling, all the supernaturals were electrocuted.

There was a woman who was still screaming, I took off my blazer, and placed it on top of her trying to pull her out Parrish started to take off his jacket do he could help me, "it's here" the woman mumbled "what is" I asked.

I heard footsteps, I turned to the door to see Fenris he had on leather gloves which he wasn't wearing before "what happened" Parrish asked "I put them here" Fenris said grabbing a loose cable wire and stabbing it into Parrish, I started to run towards the door but I felt a shocking pain enter my body from my back and spread through me and everything go black.

I opened my eyes, I seen Fenris' and Parrish's feet, Parrish's feet were on his toes being dragged, Fenris opened a door and threw Parrish inside, then closed it.

I tried to pick myself up, but still felt the shock running through me "it's been a struggle keeping this closed unit to protect the humans, but I shouldn't be caging them, I should be killing them" dr. Fenris said, he seemed frantic and angry.

"You can't hold me in here" I heard Parrish "you're not the first hellhound I've held" Fenris said, the dead hellhound came from here.

I seen a gas being sprayed on Parrish, I reached over and grabbed Fenris' leg.

I felt his gloved hands pull me up by my arms, "I've been protecting humans, and helping patients, do you know how hard that his" he yelled as he shook my limp body.

"You're destroying it all" he yelled again.

He dragged me into a cell and closed it, I hit my fist on the glass, and began screaming, he's going to leave me here to die, I pulled out my phone, I tried pressing the home button but it wouldn't turn on, the electricity and water.

I started to hit the glass again, till I felt everything going all black again.

I heard a loud quick scream making me jump up, "Lydia" I yelled I started to bang on the door.

I seen her face through the glass she had Fenris' keycard which she used to open the door.

Parrish looked blue but his eyes were orange so I seen the blue fading away. "I-I have to tell them about the closed unit" I said "Aubrey we can't" Lydia told me, "these people matter, no one has to know they're supernatural, they just have to know what Eichen House is" I explained, "I'll handle it" Parrish stated.

I got into Lydia's car, "hey Aubrey" I heard someone yelled I looked up to see David, running towards the car, he came by the window which I rolled down, "They're still examining patients and you have to give a closing statement" he told me, "you can do it, I have to go" I said "why are you all wet" he asked "Lydia drive" I said then rolled up the window.

We all sat in Scott's house, Scott told us that Argent told them there's an amateur hunting werewolves, Lydia told them about Fenris killing all the supernaturals.

"I think he only did it because he was afraid" Lydia excused him, "dead wolves, dead rats, it's like everything comes down to fear" Scott figured out "what's there to be afraid of" I asked "us, fear could change the way people look at us, fear could change people" Scott stated, "but we've been protecting them" I remarked "but we're still something they're not familiar with, and when you're not familiar with something, you react differently" Scott said.

What if we're the bad guys this time.