63. Circle of Disappearence

I found Liam and Mason sitting in the library, I walked up next to them Mason was looking up the K-index scale to track storms.

"Hey Aubrey, did you guys get anything on Stiles" Liam asked "no, and we never will, so I'm tired of trying to remember something that never existed, I want to save lives and stop those ghost riders" I stated, "okay, so they come along with a storm, when the K-index scale goes up, that means they're coming" Mason told me. "Okay so we can track when they're coming how do we stop them" I asked "haven't gotten to that" Liam admitted.

"Okay so everyone got exposed to the ghost riders at the party, how about we throw another party to get them all together again" I planned "see the thing is, we can't hide them above ground" Mason told me.

"I think we should get a lightning rod, to call them to us and attack the ghost riders" Liam suggested "no we need to hide, do you know how many of us it took to fight one" Mason debated, "let's do both" I told them, "there can only be one" Liam said "hide" Mason yelled, "fight" Liam yelled back "both" I yelled at them.

"What are you guys talking about" Scott came up to us.

"Liam wants to fight the ghost riders, I want to hide the people, and Aubrey wants to do both" Mason told Scott, "agree with me baby" I pouted, he took a deep breath.

"I'll have to say... Mason, I mean we don't know enough about them to fight, the safest thing is to hide people in danger" Scott said, I rolled my eyes at him, "we can go to Chris's Bunker, it's underground and practically made of mountain ash" I told them.

I seen the K-index scale beginning to rise, "we better do this quick" I told them.

I waited inside the bunker with Argent, "what have you been up to" I asked "nothing serious" he said, "I guess that's a good thing" I smiled.

The room started to fill with kids from school, "oh hey Aubrey" I seen Nathan smiling at me, oh shit "sup" I brushed him off and walked to Scott, "I don't know how you convinced them to come on the first lacrosse game" I whispered, "Scott we're missing four people, all lacrosse players" Liam told him, "me and Scott will look for them" I volunteered, anything better than having him and Nathan in the same room.

"What if you come across the ghost riders" Liam asked "we can't see them, all we have to do is grab the ones we need and go" I stated, "the ghost riders won't let you, I'll go with you guys" Liam offered "me too" Hayden said "Corey can see them without getting caught" Mason added.

"Hey Aubrey" Nathan yelled, "let's leave now" I rushed out the bunker door and down the tunnels, till we got to the ladder.

"How do you know Nathan" Scott asked "promise you won't tell" I asked Scott, holding up my pinkie, he laughed before saying, "promise" grabbing my pinkie with his, "I helped him cheat on a test, I told him, I want nothing to do with him, but he thinks we're friends or something" I lied keeping my heart steady, "oh god, Aubrey" Scott laughed.

We got to the school, "all we have to do is convince them not to play tonight" Scott said "they'll listen to me" I gloated, Hayden went to the girls locker room, "Mason, I need you to find something else out, you always do" Scott ordered, Mason walked down the hall to take the back exit.

The rest of us walked into the boys locker room, to find it empty, "they're on the field" I said.

"Get on the field suit up now" coach yelled, "I don't play lacrosse" I laughed "suit up now" he yelled louder, than walked out, "this could be the easiest way of protecting them" Scott guessed.

I pulled on an extra pair of lacrosse gear, "I hate this Scott" I told, him, he kissed me on the forehead and pushed on my helmet.

"Alright, you keep under number nine" Liam told me, I shrugged and ran next to them, "you don't play lacrosse" #9 told me, "yeah well I also don't run into harms way like you do" I hissed.

I heard the whistle blow, "how hard could this be" I mumbled to myself, I seen a man in a green uniform hurdling towards me, "let's rush him" I told number nine.

We both ran towards him, when our shoulders collided green jersey was pushed backwards, the feeling felt familiar, playing this game, I've never done it before, maybe it was like football but, I knew how to hold the stick and run with it.

I heard a crack of thunder, I looked up at the sky, then back at number nine who was running from me, I began chasing him, "we gotta go, I think those men are coming" I yelled after him,

I felt little thumps hit my helmet than waves of water started crashing onto the field, I heard the whistle, I turned to see Scott and I ran to him.

"We got all three" Scott asked "there were four" Liam said, I looked straight to see the outline of a three men on a horses, they had on a black hats, I see one horse had a rope in the back dragging along a boy.

"I can see them Scott, they've got number nine" I whispered,  we circled around the players that were exposed, Scott grabbed Corey's hand and they went invisible, I then felt him grab my hand, "stay with Corey" Scott told me then let go of Corey.

The horsemen circled around us, pulling out pistols. I focused on one, his eyes were gone, just black sockets, he was grey with cracks running down his face, he had no lips just a hole with skin coming over it like a cage. He all black and a grey bandana around his neck, kinda like a cowboy.

He pointed his gun at me, I let go of Corey, I held my lacrosse stick like a baseball bat, I stepped closer to the horseman and whacked the stick across his hand making him drop the gun.

I looked over and seen Liam tackle a ghost rider off of his horse, I swung the lacrosse stick again trying to hit its face, but the rider grabbed the stick and pulled me closer he then grabbed my neck and pulled me up to meet him face to face,

I grabbed the hand he had around my neck, and kicked my feet around.

I felt someone grab my legs, and I heard a roar, the ghost rider let go of my neck, I landed on my feet with the support of Scott.

I seen a ghost rider fire his gun. It hit someone and watched him evaporate leaving behind green smoke.

There was one last player, and she began taunting the ghost rider until she vanished too.

The ghost riders we're still circling around us, Corey grabbed my hand and turned invisible, the rain stopped coming down immediately, leaving with the ghost riders, I let go of Corey and ran into Scott's arms.

We came back into the school, I began ringing out my wet hair.

I changed back into my tank top and jeans, "they come, and when they take people, no one remembers who they took so they leave you wondering if they even come to take people, or do they just ride around scaring" I thought out loud.

Scott got off the phone, "all the kids in the bunker got taken, and Argent is hurt" Scott told us.

We rushed to the hospital, I seen Chris on a gurney unconscious being wheeled into a room, he was like a mentor, or a parent when I didn't trust mine.

"He has blunt force trauma and broken ribs from the riders whip" Melissa McCall told me, I felt myself about to cry but I sniffed it up and turned around to see Lydia.

"I've got news on Stiles" Lydia said "Claudia didn't have a son, so there's no way he existed" she added, "maybe we should just stop looking" Scott said "we can't, we're close" Lydia argued "to what, we're chasing nothing, when there's stuff happening to real people" Malia made a point.

Lydia walked away, and I followed after her, "you were right Aubrey, you always are, is that what you want me to say" Lydia's voice cracked "no, because I was wrong, I was wrong about wanting to quit on Stiles and I was wrong when I pushed you away, we're not giving up on him, and I have a plan" I confidently stated, she nodded.