20. Illusions

My feet crashing down onto twigs and sticks, I was dodging trees, I felt a bad omen in the air as if I was running for my life, I stopped at a large stream with slow currents, it stretched out long, the evil lurking shadow got closer to me, I jumped into the stream my feet touched the ground, I was waist deep in the water I pushed off to get to the other side and pulled myself out the water, then kept running through the woods.

I felt the omen go away I stopped and looked around, I was breathing heavy and confused 'what's happening, where am I'. Stopped when I another me in the woods, I was walking over to the girl with the identical face as mine, then I stopped when I seen an oni next to her, "wait" I tried to yell but when it came out it was a light whisper.

The oni pierced it's sword through the girls body from her back, I felt a pain in my stomach I looked down to see the front of a sword in my stomach, I looked back up to the girl this time noticing I was looking at my reflection.

I woke up, I felt like the air was thick making it hard to breathe, I coughed heavily trying to clear out my throat, my lungs started to burn, Derek ran into the room from the bathroom, he held my arms down to the sides of me and brought his lips to mine and blew air, he pulled away from me and let me breath on my own.

I walked into the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror.

In my eyes I could see Alison's body lose an ounce and her hand give out and touch the ground.

I washed my face to rinse it from yesterday's make up and dried tears, I looked in the mirror again Derek's image appeared behind me, "I told your dad you were with me" Derek said "thank you for saving me" I told him, "I'm always going to be there to save you" he promised.

I walked inside my house to see my mother dusting, "you were right, I shouldn't have gotten to attached, we should've moved so that at least I wouldn't have to see her die" I sobbed "I'm glad we didn't leave, because every other place you were never attached to, but beacon hills has a good grasp on you, so I think that we should just stay here until you finish high school" she said "mom there's crazy stuff that happens here, and now I know, there's going to be lots of death, maybe even my own" I said "don't tell your father I'm encouraging you to be with werewolves, but they're your pack, you love them, packs fight for each other, they also die for each other, so even if it ends you, you know that you died with dignity" my mom told me "that's the best piece of advice you've ever gave me" I said "I don't want you to hate me" she said "anymore".

I changed into a pair of shorts and a sweater with my converse, regular lazy day clothes, I think I truly believed the sun wouldn't shine after she died but it did, and it always will.

I unclipped the black dress with a sparkling outline off the clothes line, I grabbed the black pumps that went with them and silver jewelry, "I'm sorry for your loss" my grandma told me, I nodded and walked away.

I knocked on mr. Argent's door. He opened it surprised to see me, "I think Allison would like this" I told him, he invited me in, "I think she should have an open casket with this beautiful dress" he said, I nodded, "thank you Aubrey" he told me.

"Can I ask you something" I asked "yeah" he told me "how do you do it, how do you lose everyone and not feel it" I asked him "I think I'd rather remain that a secret, it's inhuman" he said "I think I really need to know" I told him .

My phone rang, it said Allison, I picked up the phone "head to the animal clinic we're waiting for you" Allison told me.

I drove to Deaton's place to see everyone inside, "hey" I said walking in "Aubrey what are you doing here, and how'd you find us" Scott asked "what's the plan" I asked, I think I've said that phrase way to many times, "the Nemeton tree has a powerful wood that we can trap the nogitsune spirit in, Derek Hale has the jar though" Deaton said "alright let's stop by Derek's" I said, "we're running out of time, the nogitsune is going to attack" Scott said, I called Derek "the wooden jar that your moms claws were in, do you have it" I asked "yes why" Derek asked "that's what we're trapping the nogitsune in, that's the only thing that'll work" I told him "meet me at the school, I'll hand it to you, and I'm pretty sure that's where fake Stiles is" Derek told me "okay" I said, then hung up "we're meeting at the school, let's go now" I said.