18. Silver

"The girl in silver" my grandmas moans rang through the whole house. All night she was whining about a girl wearing silver and I couldn't sleep.

I walked downstairs and looked out the window to see my grandma clipping clothes to a clothesline outside, that's things they did in the way back, now we have dryers.

She walked in with all white eyes as if they were rolled back "the girl in silver that's close to you, the girl in silver you thought you knew, close to heart and close to mind, but her spirit is gone where you can't find" my grandma mumbled.

She closed her eyes then opened them again, they turned back blue "who's the girl in silver" I asked "I washed clothes last night, did your hear the description" my grandma asked "the little poem you just gave me, yes" I said then recited it back to her "and I said this to you" she asked, I nodded "have a good day at school" she said then sat down.

I changed into a long cardigan, shorts, and a white crop top. I walked out of the house, how many girls do I know wear silver.

I went to school, I kept thinking of the girls I know wear silver, I looked around the school, I seen a couple of girls wearing silver jewelry but I'm not close to them.

I walked in coach Finstocks class, he was yelling on the phone with the hospital about his bill, I looked to see a new girl in the back of the classroom, she had light brown skin and short brown hair.

I walked back and sat next to her she had a worried look on her face, and was staring into her hands, "hi I'm Aubrey" I said she ignored me and continued to stare in her hands, I'm guessing she's terribly shy.

Coach came to the back and started talking to her "where are your from" he asked "Eichen house" she told him "well what are you doing here" he asked "trying to help" she said, "how are you helping" coach asked "I can hear them scream" she said "why do they scream" coach asked "they scream when someone's about to die" she said.

She's a banshee, she can hear when someone's about to die just like Lydia, I think she's going to help us find Lydia and nogistune Stiles before it's too late.

Kira signaled me to come near here so I did "she's from Eichen house, I'm going to call Scott and tell him to come over so we can talk to her" Kira said "well they better get here fast, and we better think fast because coach is calling Eichen house" I told her she nodded and pulled out her phone.

Coach took Kira out the room "where are you taking her" I asked him "my office, they're coming to pick her up" coach told me, "are you sure we should do this" I asked "she's a mental patient, am I supposed to help her escape" coach said sarcastically then continued walking.

I saw workers of Eichen house walking up the hall, "alright Kira, you need to distract coach or the doctors, there's another door to coach's office I'll help her escape" I came up with a plan because Scott wasn't here yet.

I walked to the second door and knocked, Meredith opened the door, "please, I don't want to go with them" she begged "great, then follow me" I said, I grabbed her hand and ran with her down the halls, I took her downstairs into the band room because it was empty and silent "now focus Meredith what do you hear" I asked, she walked to the piano and lifted up the top and pulled on the strings which made a vibrating sound she went closer to listen "can you get out, I can hear you breathing" she said "yeah sure" I said then walked out, it's good to guard the door anyway.

This girl is the key to a lot of things, I know it, she's about to open our eyes to something more.

The one worker came up to me "I need to check in there" he said "oh I was already in there" I lied "aren't you supposed to be at lunch" he asked "I eat lunch in there, not very popular" I said "look my job is to keep these wackos in check, please just make it easy for me" he said, I looked and saw a tazer in his hand.