28. Better way

I sat inside McCall's office "this is a strong and very hard process, especially with your disorder which is going to come up a lot in this case you have to tell me everything" he asked, I looked out of his office window to see Scott out there, listening, he stood up and closed the blinds "your friends will understand" he said.

"I was looking for Stiles, I heard him counting down, I walked in and he had a gun to Stiles head" I told him, mr. McCall pulled out the gun in a bag that 'the chemist' had "this one" he asked I nodded "after that I just blacked out, it wasn't until he was on the ground that I knew what happened" I told him, he pulled out a bag with a piece of glass with blood on it "you slit his throat open" he said, "that's not right" I denied "he has a slash on his neck, your finger prints are on the glass" McCall told me "can I go home" I asked "yes, I need to go to San Francisco talk through this with my bosses when I get back, that's when we'll have a set court date but so far I see that you had no choice which is why I won't arrest you" he told me.

We both stood up "can I say something, to you, Scott's dad, the not agent" I asked "is something wrong" he asked "I don't want Scott or anyone to be mad at me, watching Allison die took something out of me and I didn't want to feel that again, I promised myself that no one was going die, I just didn't think I was going to-" I paused and hugged McCall, "if you didn't, an innocent boy would be dead, and possibly others" McCall comforted me.

We walked out of his office Scott was standing there looking at me, as if he wanted to say something, I walked passed him aching to speak but I couldn't find my tongue, our shoulders brushed past each other and we didn't say a word.

I got into my car "that's not right" I told myself thinking about the chemist and the way they said he died.

I walked into my house, Olga had fallen asleep on the couch, I noticed that the house was way more clean than when I left, if that's even possible, I opened the linen closet and grabbed an extra blanket, I covered Olga with it and walked upstairs.

My grandma was at the top of the steps "go to bed, it's late" I told her, she handed me a box, I opened it and saw a blood oozing heart, my jaw dropped "I cleaned up the scene" she told me, I closed the box and looked up to see my grandma gone.

I got out of bed, I wish I could say I woke up but I didn't because I never fell asleep, every time I closed my eyes I can feel his heart beating in my hand, I could see blood gushing of him, I could hear cars for some odd reason, I live in a deep part of the woods.

I walked downstairs after I took a shower, the house was empty, no Olga, no Miguel, no grandma, and for obvious reasons no parents, that's what my life is going to be like further in the future, I'm not ashamed of it, it's peaceful I love it.

I looked at the note on the table 'went to church, will be back in the afternoon, food in the microwave' the note read.

I opened the microwave and seen the brown box, it looked like the same one grandma gave me last night, only way to be sure, I opened it wide opened, I looked straight at the heart, I couldn't get rid of the feeling of ripping through him, it's was monstrous.

I closed the box and walked outside, I got into my car and started driving to the preserve, I can't wrap my head around what happened, I feel numb towards it, I did what I had to do, it was him or Stiles.

I found myself digging in the dirt until the hole was deep, I threw the box in and began placing the dirt back on top, nothing happened, if I stop Scott's dad from making the report, my actions will truly disappear.

I walked back inside my house and sat at the table, I seen several miss calls from Stiles and Kira and a text from Derek.

I looked at the text 'talk.... Quick' I read, I put on a sweater and jeans.