16. Checkmate

"So what is it exactly that they're being charged with" I asked "murder" agent McCall said "wow with a case that serious you would think they'd be in a prison, not a holding cell" I debated "we need to speak with lawyers, it's a process" he argued "you guys are just trapping them and waiting for them to die, like the pound does, well guess what I'd like to buy those puppies" I spoke sliding the check his way "it's a process" he repeated sliding the check back, one of his arms were in a sling from being stabbed by the oni so his strength was weak "alright so tell me, what this 'process' consist of, tell me what is happening right now, in this 'process'" I challenged him, he let out a big angry breath giving up, making me slide the check farther his way.

Sheriff Stilinski unlocked the cell door "do we really have to give them back everything, isn't this illegal" Parrish asked holding the electroshock stick "yes" sheriff said firmly, Parrish stopped asking questions and walked out the room.

Derek and mr. Argent came out of the holding and into the sheriffs office, "I'm sorry for calling you a liar" I mumbled to Derek "say what" he asked sarcastically "I'm sorry" I said louder "for-" he joked "shut up, and explain how you ended up in prison for murder" I asked "long story, weak evidence" he said.

"I need to talk to you guys" sheriff Stilinski asked us, he closed the door and shut the blinds "I'm ahead of you on this one, the nogitsune isn't basing his host on strength, the nogitsune is a trickster spirit, it likes games and pranks and so does Stiles" I said "yeah well the nogitsune has went to far with these jokes" Stilinski said he pulled out two images, and showed them to us "that's my wife's MRI, and that's Stiles' MRI" Stilinski "they're the exact same" I said he looked at me and nodded "I'm guessing that's impossible" Derek asked me and Stilinski nodded.

"I have another thing, Lydia saw Stiles in the basement of Eichen house, now he's in Eichen house, I feel like the nogitsune wanted him there, to pull him away from us, because without us he's lost and he can't come back from his head" I said, Stilinski had a faint look in his eyes. "You're right, only time Stiles can wake up from his nightmares, or nogitsune control, someone close to him is there, and every time he gets into them is when he 'sleep walks' far from us" Argent verified "let's take him out" Derek suggested "it doesn't work like that, they need to see him getting better" I stated "he's not going to get better is he" Stilinski asked, we all just hung our heads knowing the answer.

We met up with Allison in there apartment ready to formulate a plan, Allison loaded up weapons that weren't going to kill Stiles, "okay so first we need to find Stiles, or at least pick up his scent" I spoke up "just like last time, the nogitsune had us running in circles around town searching for him" Allison stated "but starting at Eichen is going to give us a better start at least this time he was actually there" I debated "the nogitsune just want us in his trap, I understand if you guys want to back out" Stilinski said.

I chuckled a little bit, in our second of silence, I hope he doesn't think we're doing this for him, Stiles is our friend, I'll fight for him till I die. "Alright me and sheriff can go to the hospital, we'll check on Isaac, for a better scent and while we're there we can look for Stiles" Allison said "I'll go pick up his scent now, with Argent and Aubrey" Derek said.

We were in Derek's car, I sat in the back looking out the window, Derek was speeding his way to Eichen house, Argent and him bickered about speed and direction.

Your friends will die. You'll leave beacon hills. You'll be miserable.

"You alright" argent asked me "um yeah" I answered "you know, just feeling like a child... with her dads" I said, Derek looked at me through mirror and lifted one eyebrow.

"Do you every think how crazy this is, the hunter and the wolf are working together to kill a spirit, iconic" I chuckled,

My phone rang, I lifted it up and answered "change of plans, get to Stilinski's house as fast as you can, Stiles still might be there" she told me "Stiles is at his house" I told them, Derek pressed on brake so heavy it shifted all us forward, he did a U-turn in the middle of the road and sped back.