Chapter 15

Please try and listen to the song in the media as you read, it was the song I listened to on repeat while writing this , it really gives reading  this chapter a new experience.  You can download it and then listen to it while reading, it's called suited by shekhina
*************************************

I walked into school the next Monday morning , with Juwon's question burning over my head.  I hadn't given him answer yet, I don't know why.

I knew I couldn't be with him, because I didn't want to be that close to any guy, it was the reason I stayed single.

I couldn't give a part of my heart to anyone, I simply didn't have it anymore.

It is why I'm going to remain single.

An image of Tomi popped in my head.

Fuck you subconcious, I don't have time for your bullshit right now, I mentally scolded myself.

My mental health worries me.

Taking a quick glance at the corridor on the way to my class, I noticed something odd.

Something peculiar.

People were glancing at me, whispering with their friends, some were even giggling.

"The heck is going on?" I muttered to myself.

I walked into class and sat in front of my desk while unpacking my bag.

Nessa hurriedly walked in and went straight for me.

On reaching me, I quickly asked, "Nessa something strange is..."

"Kay everyone thinks you and Juwon are an item." She whispered to me and dragged a chair opposite me.

I stared at her for a second, "what?"

"I'm also confused , I mean he only asked you out, you haven't given him an answer yet...." she paused, sat down and leaned forward, "or have you?"

"Shut up! You know I would have told you first!" I muttered, "I mean you were the first person I texted when it happened."

"True...true, then how...."

My eyes widened, "those loud mouthed little bitches." I spat out, "I bumped into some girls at the movies that Friday, they must have assumed we were dating and started spreading rumors."

Nessa sighed and leaned back on her chair, "this is rather complicated."

I raised my eyebrow, "how? It'll fade away like every other stupid gist."

She blew out a breath, "Kay ever since Juwon beat Tomi , he's become hot akara, this shit is not fading away anytime soon."

I buried my face in my hands, "why is my life like this? It's like some kind of stupid teenage novel."

She laughed.

I noticed the class had quieted down, I looked up and saw the second half of this hot gist at the door of the class.

Juwon walked into class and stopped in front of my desk.

The whole class subtly watched us, I wish they would mind their business.

He smiled down at me.

My infamous eyebrow popped up again, "well, you look very cheerful considering our situation."

He rolled his eyes, "are you listening to them? They are obviously jobless."