Chapter 4

"See the thing about literature is that you can't cram it and expect to do exceptionally well you need to understand each text, and uh.. Remind me again why I agreed to this since you're obviously not interested."

A week had gone by since Sam made his proposal and now the same Sam had his legs propped on the table in the prefect lounge which is awesome.
The place was like heaven, it had a plasma TV with a killer sound system, surrounded by couches.  Then there was a  long conference table with different phones, tablets and laptops scattered on it.
A prefect was was sitting watching movies on the table. Further down was a freaking a game centre where another huge plasma tv was with bunch of Xbox attached to it.  They even had a poker table, a table tennis... Table?, and a pool table.
Then there was kitchenette, where they could make coffee, toast bread and other meals, and the fridge contained the kind of food (junk food) to die for.

We were in their library now and instead of  Sam going through the textbooks I placed in front of him, he was checking his Instagram.  He looked at me and said.
"Uh did you say something?"

I stood up and started packing my books, "Sam it's like you don't need my help, and I'm sorry that you.."

He grabbed my wrist as I was about to pick the bag up, I raised my eyebrow.

" okay I'm sorry, look I'm used to being the one normally tutoring people and in charge and you being a year behind me, better than me, and tutoring me is a little disconcerting but I'll try my best." he said.

I looked down at him and considered his expressions, he looked remorseful and desperate.

Well.

"Fine. But you're going to need to work with me Okay?"
He nodded.

I sat back down and rearranged the books on the table.

"Now tell me all you know about the Lord of the flies. "

2 hours later, I packed my books and wondered what Sam actually needed me for. I mean he was a little bit stiff for me, like every theme was typical, crammed and practiced.

But that's how most students are so it's okay.

" So Uh thanks"

I smiled at him and resumed packing my books.

"I was wondering if we could talk a bit before you go "
I looked at him in surprise.

" Uh sure? What do you want to talk about? "
" you. " he said elbows on the table leaning towards me.

" Uh... What do you want to know about me?"

"I just want to know the girl behind the exterior, you keep hiding yourself from the world, you use your braids to cover your face and you were ugly  glasses that I know you don't need , you always stick in the background. Why?"

I was so shocked at his words, for him to notice this thing meant to he's spent a really long time observing me. And I was a little freaked, I mean most people think I'm just a loner but he's the first person apart from Nessa that realized that my penchant for not being noticed was on purpose.

I had no idea what to say.

"Uh I guess I'm just shy, I just don't like people looking at me." I shrugged, it was deeper than that but it not like I was going to tell him.