Chapter 1

My dreams were of nothing different, the same feeling over and over again, my eyes were open, I could see everything and feel nothing.

I'd always felt that way in reality anyway.
Like an outsider looking in.

But my dreams were different.

I was no longer outsider looking in.

I wasn't in at all.

Like I was a ghost in the world.

Like I was dead but not at rest.

It was just a dream but sometimes it felt like reality.
Or what would soon be my reality.

Strangely enough, I didn't really mind.

In fact I rather enjoyed these dreams.

"Kay! Kaay!"
I raised my head off my desk in class to glare into my best friends eyes.
" Hello! I'm trying to sleep. " I grumbled in reply
Nessa glared right at me, her eyes looking big because of her glasses, In reality they were quite small.

Either way she still had lovely features that didn't make her beautiful in the sense of the word but she was definitely attractive but she was a nerd.
Our school uniform (which consisted of a burgundy blazer, white shirt and a black skirt or pants for guys) was ill fitting on her so her awesome figure was hardly ever seen. Her dark hair (naturally long, of course) was almost always packed into a bun.

We were both nerds actually,  but my uniform was quite well fitted on me. So my figure wasn't Nicki Minaj but I looked okay. I was considered cute by most of my friends ,

Sorry what friends?

Unfortunately my head was spent too long buried in a book for people to actually notice me, but without Nessa I'm pretty sure no one would have known I existed.

She was always hyper in a sporty way and close to all the popular guys in our grade, she just seemed to know what to do around them and they accepted her, always teasing just to see her mad.
It was something I always admired about her; how she refused to be the typical nerdy chick and rather became the popular nerdy awesome chick. Unlike me who always ran away from ever contact with humanity, and was always in an empty class reading a book. 

Like right now- but this time I was trying to get some beauty sleep, two hours of biology had a way to mess my brain.
"It's lunch time Kay! I'm going to the cafeteria with or without you!" Nessa said.
I rolled my eyes and simply said "bye"

"No way! Do you know how long it took me to find you?" she says in frustration.

"No and I really don't care."

"God why did you curse me with this idiot as a friend! " Nessa said looking up.
"Because I'm awesome! Obvs!"
I said grinning at her.

She rolled her eyes and pulled me off my chair I dragged my feet in response.

"Quick! Before the prefects chase us out"

That made me even more annoyed, some students in the final grade were chosen as prefects and apart from the teachers and the executive staff they had the most authority. Some particular prefects like head girl and boy, social prefect girl and boy and labor prefects had more power than some teachers.
To be chosen as a prefect one had to be the perfect student,it was pretty cool though but it came with a lot of responsibility.  For instance, students like me who'd rather read a book than go for lunch were almost always chased out of classes by prefects.