Chapter 7

"Your behaviour has been unacceptable Miss Williams!, if you don't behave yourself you will be brought before the school's disciplinary council, and that wouldn't be good on your testimonial, would it?."

Gulping, I nodded meekly.

My principal sighed.
"You're normally a good student, why  you would do this is beyond me,but because of your previous exemplary behaviour I will give you another chance. I wouldn't call your parents, go to class. "

Muttering my thanks, I walked quickly out of the office, my sight blurry due to the tears that was about spill down my cheek.

The sleeve of my shirt was torn, my hair was in a mess and I had scratches on my arms
I know what you're thinking, either I had a fight or someone beat me up.
I'll have you know, it's none of the above.
The reason was quite ridiculous, but it was all due to the idiot person who was in front of me.

"Kayla, I'm so sorry I didn't know..."
I held my hand up, immediately cutting him off.

"Tomisin I'm honestly not in the mood to see you talk less of talking to you, I'd really appreciate it if you excuse me. Thanks. "
I said before walking past him.

I got into the bathroom hoping to fix a little of the mess I had made of myself.
Looking at myself I burst into tears, how did it come to this?
I was the school's book worm and nerd, unnoticed and unheard of by no one.

Bad bitches like Moyin were not supposed to know me , the principal shouldn't have even have known me to scold him, I shouldn't be the talk of the school just because I let one boy get me angry???

How did he manage to affect me so much?
*********************************

A few hours earlier.
I stood at the edge of the football field, the side allocated to our house. The field being big enough to hold all four houses conveniently.

The selection of the athletes fit for each category was in process. I sat on the bleachers closest to the track were the potential athletes were each waiting for their turn.
Today was for the athletes who wanted to try high jump, I watched each athlete try and run towards the horizontal pole held by two vertical poles on each side of it. With a mattress just after providing a safe landing.

The guys pole were higher, while the girls pole was placed lower but the guys were trying out now.

It was amusing seeing a bunch of guys either not making the height or barely managing to jump above the pole without falling it down.

Sam was at his wits end frustrated that only very few students managed to jump way over the pole, one or two to be precise. Tomi was just looking calm and collected as usual.
One thing that these few days had taught me was that Tomi was very athletic.

As much as it pained me, I had to admit he was almost as good as Juwon and Sam. He was presently showing the guys how to make the high jump.

He threw of his shirt due to the heat and walked a few metres from the pole. Everyone's eyes were on him as bent and took off.

He ran, gaining momentum and when he got to the bar he jumped his body moving fluidly over the pole and landing gracefully on his feet on the mattress.
Everyone cheered him.
I hated him.

That much perfection can't be good for anyone.

I heard a noise and I looked up to see Juwon making his way towards me. When he reached me, I smiled at him, patted the sit beside me and he sat.

"I never thought I'd see the day I'd see you watching sport with so much interest. " Juwon said with a chuckle.

Pointing my hand at Nessa standing with Moyin in her sport wear shouting orders at the female athlete, I said "I make her best friend and what does she do? Make me sit down and the sun and watch such pointlessness. Plus I don't think you should be here once Sam sees you he'll go ballistic."