-{ Chapter 40 }-

My body and muscles eased down as I look upwards meeting the gaze of no other than

♦     ♦     ♦     ♦ 

    My body and muscles eased down as I look upwards meeting the gaze of no other than my father beautiful eyes.

     "Dad?" I screamed out running forward down the hall jumping into his arms a few tears rolling down my cheeks as I did so.

     "Kiara please don't cry.." His masculine voice replied as he trailed his thumb against my cheek wiping the tears away.

     "Where have you been where has anyone been its been almost two weeks.." I cried out.

     "I am so sorry sweetie we have been keeping track of you the entire time. We cannot risk contacting you yet it's not safe."

     "What do you mean it's not safe?"

     "It just isn't okay." He snapped.

     I looked over at my father as I wiped the other tears away. I can't ruin the makeup, I'm strong, I'm okay it's fine my dad is here now.

    "It is not safe here I am not safe im not suppose to be here. But I had to see you and warn you sweetie you must be careful something bad is stirring."

     "What do you mean dad..." I replied my voice breaking softly.

     "I can't talk much I have to go they are going to find me soon. Just know that I love you very very much ok?"

     "Yes, dad I understand but are you leaving?"

     "I'm sorry sweetie I have to go... Just remember what you see is not always the truth. And the truth is not always what you find." My dad's voice trailed off.

     He squeezed me tightly as he hugged my waist kissing the crown of my head. I felt tears drip onto my face as I held onto my dad.

     My dad is crying why is he crying? His grip loosened and immediately he ran off down the hall and vanishing from sight.

     "Dad wait!" I cried out running after him.

     My heels painful clicked against the halls as I attempted to run. It is never easy to run with high heels on and especially a dress.

     I toppled down onto my knees trying to hold in the tears so far I was successful. 

     What does he mean it's not safe and what is he talking about? That message he sent was so confusing? What is going on why can't they contact me whats happening?

     Question after question flew through my mind like a bullet closing the air in half. Questions such as why, how long, and where flew through traveling in and out.

     The questions were vague and some even unanswerable. Like most kids I have questions but unlike a large majority, I crave for the answers.

      As a little girl, I needed to know everything instead of playing tag or dollhouses I was training with adults in weaponry and asking questions about the universe.

     I can't help that I ask a lot of questions I am a curious human being, although it may not be healthy when you get as obsessed with me. 

     I stayed on the floor holding onto my legs placing my cheek against my right knee signing out.

     Cold hands taped my shoulder forcing me to react. I am like a pulse I always react, I jumped off of my knees doing a backflip.

     I stayed facing forward standing in a fighting position. I grabbed two of the ones from my waist and immediately turned around shooting the knives were perfect aim towards the victim.

     I can't trust anyone I have to be safe. I need to survive I will not let some creep sneak up on me. There is no way that I am going to fail this mission.

     The minute that I rotated on my heel I threw the daggers with precision, my jaw opened to be ajar as I looked at the victim.