-{Chapter 3}-

Cold and icy hands covered my mouth as I looked up at the man in fear my eyes widening in shock and realization

  ♦      ♦      ♦     ♦ 

    A tried to gasp out for air but all that could escape my lips was a faint muffling sound. A shiver quickly began to travel up and down my spine as the cold hands tightened around my face.

     "Shh... Kia, it's just me calm down tiger.... Jeez no need to be so vicious." replied Keagan cautiously trying to not anger me, too late for that mister. 

     I looked up to meet the gaze of dark forest green eyes, a chiseled jaw, and a well defined face. Keagan's classic smirk was clearly being shown with a playful shimmer in his eyes.

     I looked up at his god liked features with rage bubbling up inside of me. How dare that stupid jerk scare me like that, he is not going to get away with this!

     "Don't scare me like that Keagan!" I cried out flailing my arms over my head and then slamming them against his chest playfully.

     Keagan didn't reply to my order instead he began to burst out into small fits of laughter as he bent over clutching his stomach with continuing to laugh out.

     "Oh, also Keagan I'm glad that my scared state is amusing to you!" I screamed out lifting my left hand forming it into a fist and throwing it swiftly to Keagan's shoulder punching it easily. 

    I observed his every move watching as he jumped back clutching onto his shoulder dramatically and painfully looking over at me with despair.

     His heartbroken facial features almost fooled me into falling into one his trap as he looked at me pained and hurt, but luckily his tricks did not work.

      His large pouty lips and puppy dog eyes are almost irresistible but I have found a solution to avoid them, and that is to look the other way.

    "I am wounded how could you...rebeccaaaaaa...!" He cried out mimicking a show while placing his hands under his eyes acting as if he was crying dramatically.

    "Oh get over it and don't scare me like that ever again. I will kill you!" 

    "Oh is that a threat you want to go, let's bring it out back and fight right now let's go, fight me 1v1!" He replied happily bringing his fists up in a fighting position.

    "I would love to kick your ass like I do every day but I will have to decline."

    "Aww.. come on Kia..!" He whined out impatiently turning side to side.

    Keagan was considered to be the sarcasm king of Sections HQ. And for me, I am the sarcasm queen. Let the sassy comebacks and sarcasm rain over this kingdom once more bwahaha.

     Keagan is charming, intelligent, mysterious and has the perfect attributes of a perfect godlike human being.

    Like most of us, he has his secrets and we have ours but I can't help but get curious every time I look into his intriguing forest green eyes full of curiosity and wonder.

    If I said that I didn't have a thing for Keagan then that would be a complete lie, without a doubt he is very attractive and if he didn't have such a large ego I might consider dating him.

    Although relationships within work are never a good choice, or in general. These kind of fields are dangerous, the people you love can get hurt or even worse die. 

    I observed his face as I saw his eyes lower downwards to his shoes.

     His head bobbed up and down nodding his head while he held onto his earpiece.

     "What?"

     "No"

     "Why?"

     "She's with me"

     "Don't care"

     "Buh bye"

     Keagan continued to nod his head up and down as he talked with whoever was on the intercom, it was probably Jax checking in, typical.

   "Was that Jax on the call?"

    "Yeah it was him, he wanted to check in and tell us to get back to HQ as soon as possible."

     "Why?"

     "He hacked into the police database as always apparently they are on their way right now towards this section," Keagan replied as if it was normal.

     "Well, shit lets go!" I replied.

     "Onwards, charge!" Keagan screamed out hitting my shoulder playfully.

     "Tag you're it, the last one to the van is a soggy waffle!" Keagan laughed out as he dashed off towards the black van up ahead.

     Instead of replying my reflexes kicked in and I dashed towards the van as fast as I could, my hair flowing in the breeze behind me.

     By the time that I got there Keagan's arm was slouched against the side of the van shifting all of his weight against it while giving me a smirk like the Cheshire cat. 

     Like the wonderful gentleman he is, not. He kicked open the door with ease allowing me to hop in and take my position in the back seat next to him.

  After he simply jumped in and took his position next to me buckling himself and me up.

    The car vroomed to life forcing us both to fall backward with the momentum of the speed.

    As always he placed both of his hands at the back of his head occasionally glancing towards me smiling brightly with his pearly whites.

    I turned in my seat moving my body to the side against the window of the car placing my feet on top of his lap getting an annoying groan in return.

    I crossed one of my legs over the other followed by my hands on my head pretending to act casual and relaxed.

     I glanced over at Keegan opening one of my eyes watching as he burst out into laughter.

     "I do not look like that!" Keagan replied in between laughs.

     "I do not look like that!" I replied mimicking his voice in a playful manner.

     Sadly my Keagan impersonation is, and probably never will be the best, all that came out was the sound of a dying whale who was trying to have a dance party on land.

     He rolled his eyes to me as I did the same back, after a while of glares, staring contests, and silly bickering a peaceful silence came over us as we drove in the back of the van to HQ.