"As if anything could really be so wrong?"

Clay heard his dad calling him from the hallway and closed his laptop. Adam was serious if he was actually yelling for Clay instead of just texting. They were supposed to be leaving for their family trip but Clay was taking his time because he really didn't want to go.

"Clay? I've been calling you for 20 minutes now," Adam opened his door after what barely counted as a knock.

"Sorry, just don't want to spend my birthday on a family ski trip," Clay shrugged and zipped his bag. "We can go now. If we have to."

"We have to," Adam narrowed his eyes. "You know Chloe will be there the whole time, right?"

"So? It's not like we can have sex with everyone around."

"Guess you're just not that creative then."

"Whatever, Dad. We'd better be stopping at Starbucks on the way."

"Keep this up and all you'll get is is a regular drip coffee."

"That's barbaric," Clay shuddered.

"It's more humane than making you go without," Adam grinned. He thought was so clever with his dad jokes but Clay wanted to hit him.

As usual, his parents had gotten together with Chloe's parents and thought up this whole brilliant idea to take a big ski trip, all 12 of them. They thought it was such a great plan and that they'd have so much fun but Clay knew better. Twice the parents meant everyone paid way more attention to what he and Chloe were doing. Plus Chloe's family was loud and never left them alone. Everyone would want them to do stuff and Clay would rather stay home and nap or mess around on the computer.

A nap sounded like a good idea. If only he could spend most of the trip napping he might survive. It was his new favorite hobby and maybe the one thing he was any good at that didn't involve a computer.

Clay downed his latte and passed out while he watched Bryce take hundreds of pictures of their coffee cups, trying to get the best shot. His brother cared more than enough about everything in life for both of them. It was annoying but Clay didn't have the energy to be bothered by it anymore.

Sleeping in the car was by far the best way to pass time. He slept until they stopped for lunch and went back to sleep again after that. Clay didn't wake up until they pulled into the driveway of the house they'd rented for the week. Even Clay had to admit it was gorgeous.

"How did they beat us here? They have 3 times as many kids to organize," Eli groaned. "It's not fair."

"They probably didn't have to drag one of them to the car," Adam mumbled but Clay heard him. He reached forward to shove the back of Adam's head but Eli caught his hand.

"Don't start our trip this way," Eli warned. "You're only going to ruin it for yourself."

"He started it," Clay pointed out but pulled his hand away from Eli and got out of the car. Chloe was hovering and grabbed his hand as soon as he was out, dragging him toward a cluster of pine trees.

"Come on, Hannah promised to take pictures for us," Chloe demanded.

"Really? It's fucking freezing out here," Clay groaned. He knew better though. Chloe never missed a chance for pictures. Clay loved having them afterward, but he got tired after two pictures and it usually took hundreds to get a few goods ones.

"Well why are you in a t-shirt, dumdum? Put on your snow stuff."

"Fine, but I'm not smiling."

The trip turned out to be exactly what Clay expected. They had fun when they were on the mountains snowboarding and tubing at night. Even dinner was fun, in a way, but the nights were so boring. They had to watch old movies and most of the time the little kids wouldn't leave them alone long enough to watch the movies Clay really wanted to watch. Their parents were no help either.

"You're in the rec room, it's a common area of the house," Brent shrugged when Chloe complained. "If you need privacy, you should be in the bathroom alone."

"We just want to watch a movie, it's not private, but they won't leave us alone."

"Pick a movie they can watch then."

"Daaaaaad."

"Your siblings love you, they just want to spend time with you. It won't kill you to give them a little of your attention."