Don't Let Me Down

"Your phone is ringing," Zack gestured to the stack of moving boxes where Adam had left his phone earlier that afternoon. They were packing to move into Adam and Cole's new house but somehow having the three of them in one room with no shirts on hadn't been very productive.

"Yeah, I don't really want to talk to him right now," Adam could see the name on the screen.

"Come on, it's Pastor Ben," Cole grabbed the phone before Adam could stop him. "Hey big guy, what's up?"

"Why are you avoiding the pastor? You love that guy," Zack poked Adam's hip.

"Hello," Adam gestured to the bed under them. "I can't talk to him while we're all 3 in bed together. It's like he knows, Zack, it's creepy."

"He doesn't know," Zack laughed and tried to kiss Adam's cheek. "I thought you were in a better place with all the Jesus stuff."

"I am," Adam got up and pulled on his underwear. "Tell me it's not weird that he called right after we, you know."

"You can't say it, can you?"

"Not while he's on the phone."

"We'll be there Sunday," Cole promised before hanging up. Adam glared. "Apparently you've been a very bad boy, Adam."

"He did not say that," Zack gasped.

"No, he didn't," Cole leaned over to kiss Zack's shoulder. "Where are you going, Adam?"

"I'm not, I just didn't want to be naked if you handed me the phone," Adam knew how stupid it sounded but he didn't care. He sat down on the bed. "What did he say?"

"He wants to meet with us. Now that you're back he wants to check in and see how it's going, maybe set up some counseling," Cole shrugged. "Something else I can't remember now."

"Cole!" Adam couldn't decide if he should panic or not.

"What kind of counseling? Like marriage counseling?" Zack pulled a sheet over himself. "Are you going to talk about me?"

"We should talk about you," Cole looked for a second like he might kiss Zack and Adam could feel his stomach turn. "Can you give us the room for a minute?"

"Uhoh," Zack gave Adam a nervous look. "Yeah, sure."

"Order something for dinner," Cole's eyes followed Zack out the door before he turned to Adam. "Come here."

"No."

"No?"

"What did Pastor Ben say?"

"Exactly what I told you," Cole sighed. "You really don't want to be with Zack, do you?"

"It feels wrong, Cole. I love you, I don't want to be with anyone else. It's different when I know the guy is leaving at the end of the night," Adam tried to think of another way to say it. Any other way that might get through to Cole. "I was ready to divorce you, Cole. Can we just get past that before we jump into all this boyfriend stuff?"

"Funny, you were pretty into it when Zack had your dick in his mouth."

"Fine, what do you want?" Adam leaned over to grab a joint.

"You know what I want. It's the same thing I've always wanted," Cole took the lighter from Adam. "I need to know I'm not leaving you alone."

"He's not the one."

"You're not even giving him a chance. He loves you, Adam, and I know you have feelings for him. Don't try to tell me you don't."

"I like him, but it's not enough," Adam waited for Cole to look him in the eyes. "Why is it your job to find me someone anyway? Can't we just enjoy the time we have together? I mean we don't even know how much time we'll have."