We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Complexx started the final leg of their tour and Adam was more than happy to imagine coming home to a freshly decorate house, free of circus animals and fur and crazy bondage gear built into the walls. If he was really honest, he was also happy to have Zack to crawl in bed with at night.

Adam wanted to give it an honest try - to see if he and Zack had something. The more time they spent together, the more obvious it was that Zack had feelings for him. But no matter how hard Adam tried, he just didn't feel the same way. Sex was nice, and they had fun hanging out, but Zack just felt like a friend. Nothing more.

They were at a show venue one morning when Adam's phone rang with a call from a number he didn't recognize. He was tempted to let it go to voicemail but since he didn't owe anyone money anymore he knew it couldn't be a collector. Adam decided to answer it.

"Oh, Bobby, he answered!" Mindy's voice was like nails on a windowpane. "Adam, hang on. Your father wants to talk to you."

"Um, okay," Adam was too stunned to hang up. He could hear Mindy handing off the phone.

"Adam, this is your father."

"Hi, uh, Dad," Adam hated to call him that but he didn't know what else to call him. Zack and Brent obviously could hear him because they stopped what they were doing to look.

"I'm calling to thank you for the, uh, gift," his father sounded almost as uncomfortable as Adam was. "And for the donation to the church."

"That was Pastor Ben, not me," Adam corrected him. He couldn't bring himself to give money to the church that had made him feel nothing but pain for so many years. Instead, he'd decided to send the family a gift card. "Uh, but you're welcome. I know how much everyone likes their Walmart trips."

"Yes, you know Mindy has figured out down to the penny how she wants to spend this whole thing," Adam's father almost laughed. "But, uh, thank you for that."

"Yeah, I know it's not um, probably what you wanted but it was kind of all I could handle," Adam decided to just be honest.

"It's better than nothing. Listen, while I have you, Adam, I just have to say-"

"Bobby, you promised!" Mindy sounded like she was right next to the phone.

"I just can't abide this music video. You might call this man your husband but that doesn't mean you need to be putting all of this bedroom stuff online," his father ignored Mindy's protests. "I know you're in church, I'm sure your pastor has a few thoughts on this too."

"Yeah, he does," Adam could admit that. "I'm gonna go now. But um, thanks for the thank you call."

"Well, Mindy wanted to send you a note but we don't have your address."

"I'll text it to you," Adam sighed. It probably couldn't hurt him to give them his address. "Bye, Dad."

"What just happened? Are you okay?" Zack demanded as soon as Adam put his phone down.

"Yeah, actually, that was weird," Adam admitted. "I, um, I'm gonna call Cole."

"Wait, what did he say?"

"That he hates Cole's music video," Adam grinned. "Good thing he can't see the extended version."

"Weird, that video is my new favorite," Brent laughed. "Zack, show me the video."

"You haven't seen it? Oh my god," Zack pulled out his phone and Adam went to tell Cole about the phone call.

Cole came to visit a week later, right before he had to go on his own tour. He left Lucas with a nanny, much to Lucas's great dismay. At first Adam planned to tell Cole he was done with Zack but then he remembered they wouldn't see each other for almost two months and decided it wasn't the right time.