Comedown

Adam knew the second he saw Jeff's face that afternoon when he looked at his phone that something was wrong. Again.

"Our flight was cancelled," Jeff sighed. "It's not safe to land a plane because of the high winds in Denver. We have to fly out tomorrow instead."

"Dammit," Monroe shook his head. "Martin is going to hit the roof. The trucks are already on their way. I hope they can get through okay."

Neither one of them said anything for a few seconds after that, both fully absorbed in their phones. Adam took his own phone out to text Brent. They were supposed to be leaving for their first tour, the very first show they would perform in front of a packed audience, that day.

"Okay, well, I guess we're going out for dinner since we just emptied the fridge," Jeff looked at Adam. "Are you brave enough to try sushi yet?"

"Is it gonna be slimy?"

"No, it's not slimy," Jeff smiled. "We'll get you some veggie and cooked rolls too."

"Hey, what if we grab all the guys and go by that networking thing at Scooter's house?" Monroe suggested. "It could be fun."

"Actually, we really should," Jeff nodded.

Which was how, just 5 hours later, Adam found himself staring at none other than Maddox Bieber. At first he wasn't sure it was really him, but then Dax smirked at his phone and Adam know. Only Maddox could make that face.

"Oh my god, where is Brent?" Zack demanded. "Do you see who that is?"

"I see him," Tyler looked around. "Shit. Where did Brent go?"

"We should wait for Brent," Adam's mouth went dry as he spoke. As much as he wanted to meet Maddox, he wasn't ready to see Brent with him. Not yet.

"Boys!" Jeff came out of the crowd and motioned for them to follow him. He took them over to where Monroe was standing with someone Adam didn't recognize.

It was the same way all night. Every time Adam and the rest of the guys found themselves standing alone, either Jeff or Monroe would drag them away to introduce them to someone else. Adam was surprised how tiring it was talking to all those people.

"Hide," Tyler said when they escaped a few hours later.

"Oh my gosh, there he is again," Zack gasped.

"Who?" Jimmy looked around.

"Maddox Bieber," Zack whispered.

"Just go say hi," Jimmy told him.

"I can't, I'm too nervous."

"We should wait for Brent, you know he'll be so mad if we meet Maddox without him," Tyler pointed out.

"We've waited all night, just go talk to him," Jimmy argued.

"You go!" Zack protested.

"I'm still a person," Maddox looked up from his phone, stopping Adam's heart instantly. He could hear them? Oh no. "Hi, I'm Maddox Bieber."

"Hey, I'm Jimmy. This is Zack," he added, giving Zack a push toward Maddox.

"Hi, I'm a big fan," Zack looked like he wanted to keep talking but he didn't.

"I'm Tyler," Tyler shook Maddox's hand like it was no big deal. Adam tried to stop staring at Maddox but it was just so crazy that they were actually talking to him.

"Are you from that boy band?" Maddox looked at each of them.

"Yeah, that's us," Jimmy agreed. "Complexx, with two xes."