Replay

Adam left Cole in his bed and dragged himself through a quick shower before getting dressed. He limped down to the kitchen to grab a protein bar for breakfast before work and jumped when he almost ran right into Zack.

"Oh, god, sorry," Adam took a deep breath to calm down. "I didn't know you were home, I thought you were gone last night."

"Yeah, I came home early," Zack made a face. "You, uh, had a good time though."

"Shit. I am so sorry, I wouldn't have been so loud," Adam knew his face was turning red. "That's so embarrassing."

"It's cool, it sounded pretty hot."

"Um, well, yeah, it was good."

"I can tell from the way you're limping," Zack laughed. "Maybe you shouldn't have begged for him to go so hard."

"I wasn't begging!"

"Yeah, you were," Cole's voice startled Adam again. He turned around and saw Cole standing there in his tight boxers.

"He so was," Zack agreed.

"Hey, come on," Adam protested, but he couldn't make himself stop looking at Cole's groin. He could see a clear outline in the tight fabric.

"Yeah, Zack, next time just come on in. Maybe if you get behind me and push we could give it to Adam as hard as he wants it."

"Cole!" Adam gasped, immediately looking at Zack to see his reaction.

"Shit, last night I would have," Zack didn't seem like he was taking it seriously. "Fucking Elaina told me she just wants to be friends. I'm seriously done."

"Anytime you want, we're always down," Cole grinned. Zack just laughed and Adam knew he thought Cole was kidding.

"We gotta go," Adam realized, looking at the clock. "See you later," he went to kiss Cole goodbye.

On any normal day, Adam wouldn't have thought twice when Zack came running after him and got in his car. That day he felt nervous, like he wasn't sure what to talk about or how to act.

"So you tamed the great Cole Stryder, huh?"

"Um, I don't know if tamed is the right word," Adam took a deep breath. Why was it so hard to act calm?

"Yeah, he's pretty much eating out of your hand. I never would have guessed you had it in you."

"Me neither, honestly. I don't know what he sees in me."

"I do."

"I don't, at all. Like sometimes I think he's just given up on his life and like...I'm here, I don't know."

"Shut up. He's Cole Stryder, he has no reason to give up. And you're Adam Phelps, like do you even know how many guys would line up to get you?"

"Fans don't count," Adam's heart sank. He'd forgotten Zack didn't know about Cole's disease and he couldn't tell him.

"I'm not even talking about fans, Adam, I mean guys who aren't in it for the status and shit," Zack insisted. "That's why we were all so annoyed about your obsession with Brent."

"I think I'm finally getting over that, to be honest."

"Finally."

They got to the recording studio and found Jeff and Monroe having a very serious conversation. Adam knew right away Monroe was upset and Jeff was trying to calm him down. Their managers tried to act like everything was okay but it was clear they were unhappy about something.

"Don't mind me, just watching another dream go up in smoke," Monroe huffed when Adam asked what was wrong.

"What is it?" Adam wanted to hug him but he knew Monroe would push him away.