Wait it Out

"Hey, I was looking everywhere for you," Brent said as Adam joined the rest of the guys by the hotel swimming pool. They were in the Dominican Republic at a private resort pool and it was unbelievably gorgeous. "Where were you?"

"Talking to Jeff," Adam left out the most important part of the story, which was that he and Jeff were talking to the lawyers.

Adam had signed all the documents to sue his dad and stepmom for taking his money. Fortunately, Jeff and Monroe had every single receipt for everything they'd ever bought for Adam and the bank transactions to prove that Adam's dad hadn't even paid for half of the food and clothes Adam needed.

"Come here, we need to selfie," Brent patted the spot next to him. Adam was not in the mood for pictures but he could never say no to Brent. "We're super cute. Ugh. I hate posting this."

"Then why bother?" Adam frowned as Brent took the picture through all the steps he called his "recipe" for editing his instagram pics.

"Because we have to, it's our job. I just feel like shit posting happy pictures by the beach while Dax is home sick."

"How is he?"

"The same as yesterday," Brent sighed. "Come walk with me?"

"Okay," Adam got up.

Monroe held his hand out as they passed and Adam put his phone in it. He'd already lost one phone and broken another so Monroe was playing Dad - again - and took Adam's phone whenever he could.

"I think Maddox is depressed," Brent explained once they were away from the other guys. "He won't do his PT exercises. All he wants to do is lay around all day and sleep. Which was okay when he was sick but the doctor said that he should be fully recovered by now."

"That's really sad," Adam couldn't picture Maddox acting that way at all. He'd always seemed so full of energy.

"It's killing me to see him that way, I don't know," Brent sighed. "Justin's got his best friend moving out to L.A. He said he has a real job for him too, but secretly I think he picked Eli just to see if it would make Dax happy."

"Ohh, I'm sorry," Adam knew Eli from following Maddox. He'd followed him back almost as soon as Eli started following Adam but secretly he'd stalked his accounts for weeks before that. Eli was gorgeous and had a thick southern accent on top of it that made him seem kind of dreamy.

"Why?"

"Well, I just thought..." Adam could tell Brent was confused. So maybe he wasn't worried about having Dax and Eli together? Or maybe Brent didn't think Eli was hot? "I know you'd rather be there with him, that's all."

"Yeah, and it doesn't help that Eli has been in love with Dax since his first boner," Brent shook his head. "I get so confused when I look at him."

"Confused?"

"I mean I don't know if I'm jealous or turned on."

"That's definitely a problem," Adam laughed. "Eli and Dax had a thing, right?"

"They did. I'm like 50% sure it's over but 50% sure I'll feel stupid for thinking that," Brent kicked the sand in front of them. "Yeah, like you said, I wish I were there. Seeing them together would either make me feel better or worse."

"Or horny."

"Shit. Yeah, probably all those things."

"I should have never had sex," Adam sighed, looking at two girls about their age ahead of them on the beach. "I'm horny all the time now."

"Go say hi, you could probably get some."

"Don't even think about it," Keith, one of the band's bodyguards who'd followed them when they left the pool spoke up. He and the other bodyguards usually ignored their conversations until one of the boys suggested doing something like what Brent said.