Dear Agony

If Eli thought the kids at school were nasty after Maddox came to visit him, it only got worse when Maddox started tweeting him on a regular basis. He went from having one high school full of people who hated him to having half an internet full. While that meant there were some people trying to be his friend online, it was so hard to tell when people actually wanted to know him and when they just wanted to get closer to Dax.

Especially when Maddox fell and broke his arm. It was the first time Eli found out something that was happening in Dax's life before the internet. Dax texted him the day it happened while he was still crazy hopped up on painkillers. He still refused to send nudes, but Eli knew that was a long shot even if Dax was high.

But because it was the first time he'd ever known before the internet, Eli was extra protective when people started claiming the whole thing was fake. Someone stole and leaked a video they swore was of Maddox breaking his arm, but the more people watched the more they said the video had to be fake - and if the video was fake, the broken arm probably was too.

"Why would he lie? That's so stupid," Eli lost track of how many times he'd said it as he argued with people online. Finally he asked Dax himself - only that set off a whole shitstorm of people attacking him when he tried to explain that he knew the video was real.

No one left him alone until Maddox posted a video explaining the video was leaked by someone on the crew. Eli fell for him all over again as he watched Dax get teary eyed when he told the story. Did it get people to stop giving Eli a hard time? No, but he didn't care.

As Maddox's tour got closer and closer to the end, Eli started feeling more and more invincible. He didn't know when or how Maddox was going to make his announcement, but Eli knew it was going to change everything for him.

"Has he got hisself a girlfriend?" his Dad asked Levi one day. Eli had opened the door to the garage so he could hear when their customer's state inspection was finished. Clearly his dad didn't know Eli could hear him.

"Naw, why you think that?" Levi asked.

"He's bin rill happy as of late. Took down all them pictures of that Bieber kid. Spends all this time doin his hair," Eli's dad had a whole list of evidence. "Made me take him to buy new clothes for the first time mebbe in his life."

"Psh, he just finally looked in a mirror is all," Levi laughed. "Seen how good us Warren boys look when we clean up."

"I think he's got a lil girl somewhere," their dad would not let it go. Eli sighed when he heard his brothers laughing. They were definitely going to blow it for him. "What? Why's that so funny?"

"Eli wouldn't know what to do with a girl if she came up and sat on his dick," Isaiah laughed. Eli rushed to close the door.

"Shoot, that's as long as you can last anyway, Isaiah," Levi shot back. If his brothers gave away his secret, Eli wasn't gonna hear it. Not while Mrs. Murdock was waiting for her car.

"I am so sorry about them," Eli apologized. "Please, help yourself to a drink or a snack on me. They are very good with cars but not with manners."

"You know, your Daddy will figger it out one a these days," Mrs. Murdock gave him a look as she went to the cooler and took out a Coke. "Iffen you ain't careful it's gonna be from someone other than you, boy."

Eli wasn't sure what to say to that so he just nodded and rang out her drink. She went back to playing whatever game she was playing on her cell phone until Isaiah came in to tell her the car was finished.

"Hey," Isaiah waited until Mrs. Murdock was out of the store. "You seein someone?"

"No," Eli closed the cash register. "An I just had to give Mrs. Murdock a free drink cause y'all got filthy mouths. Can you please not talk shit while there's customers around?"