Circle the Drain

Eli looked over Maddox's backyard and the chairs he and Maddox spent 2 hours lining up. The altar was set, lights were strung up and the planters where the flowers would go were all in place. They had all the heavy lifting for the wedding finished, all that was left to do was decorate and Eli wanted to wait until the morning of the wedding to do that. He checked his watch. His Dad and brother should have already landed.

"It looks so good," Brent called, crossing the lawn with his puppy in his arms. "Are you sure you don't need help?"

"I'm sure. The big stuff is done," Eli insisted. "Hunter wanted to do most of it last night."

"Just let me know, I'm happy to do whatever you need," Brent squeezed his shoulder. "I'm so excited for you."

"Thanks," Eli smiled and looked at his list again. "I think I have everything done for today, really. Pretty sure."

"Of course you do. Just take it in, Eli, it's gonna go by so fast."

"That's what everyone says. I'm trying," Eli nodded. "I guess I should go to the Bieber house so I can be there when my dad gets there."

"Yeah, Dax and Clara made cookies when we were over there earlier. They looked so good, I almost ate one," Brent rubbed his stomach. "You should have one for me."

"I can do that," Eli agreed. "Alright, see you later."

He went inside the pool house, where Eli was staying until the wedding, to grab his laptop and as he was leaving he saw Hunter walk into the yard.

"Hey," Hunter didn't smile. "Do you have a second?"

"Yeah, doesn't it look good?" Eli gestured to the yard. "I think I got everything done I can do today. We just have to add the flowers tomorrow."

"Right. That's what I want to talk about," Hunter took a deep breath. "Are you - wait, we should go inside."

"O-okay," Eli felt his stomach drop but he went back inside. "What's wrong?"

"Put this down," Hunter took Eli's bag. "Sit down for a second."

"Hunter, you're really scaring me."

"I'm sorry, I just," Hunter took a deep breath. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Do...what? Get married?"

"Yes."

"Oh my god, Hunter, yes I'm sure," Eli's chest was so tight he wasn't sure how he was breathing. "Aren't you?"

"I was, I thought I was, but today I'm just-" Hunter shook his head. "I'm not sure anymore. What if we rushed into this?"

"Hunter, we've been together over 2 years. That's not forever, but it's not exactly quick. What is this really about?"

"I don't know, I'm just realizing like, this is permanent, you know?"

"Yes, I know. That's the point."

"That doesn't scare you at all?" Hunter's eyes were wide, like he was freaking out.

"I wouldn't have said yes if I wasn't sure," Eli insisted. "Why did you ask me if you didn't know for sure you were ready? I mean we're supposed to get married tomorrow, Hunter, shouldn't we have had this conversation months ago?"

"Months ago I thought I was ready. Now I don't know, I mean," Hunter took another deep breath. "I should have told you when it happened but I was afraid you would be mad. It's not really a big deal, but, um, remember how I told you I always wanted to walk in on Dax and Brent?"

"Yeah."

"I did. The day before Jordan started," Hunter looked so guilty. "Remember the day we had phone sex, like, two hours after I left the house and I told you it was just because I hadn't gotten enough the night before?"