Burn

"Eli, Dax is gone."

The words he'd never expected to hear sent a freezing panic through Eli's veins. He tried to make sense of what Hunter had just said but it didn't add up.

"W-what?" Eli wracked his brain, trying to imagine every last interaction he'd had with Maddox. Everything seemed right - good even. He was going home to Brent and he was nervous but excited.

But had Eli misunderstood something? Everything? Dax announced his retirement to the world, told everyone he was happier than he'd ever been, he felt like he could breathe again - maybe it was because he knew the end was in sight.

"He's just gone."

"I can't believe it," Eli almost dropped the phone. How was this happening again? Had he been so wrapped up in Hunter he couldn't even see Maddox's pain?

"I don't know what to do, I thought he was asleep so I just stuck my head into his room and-"

"You found him? Oh god, Hunter," Eli burst into tears.

"What? No," Hunter paused. "Eli I mean he's not here. His suitcases are gone and everything."

"Oh my god," Eli relaxed. "I thought you were saying-"

"Babe, no, I'm sorry. I think he must have gone with Brent. I mean, I hope he went with Brent. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you like that."

"I'm texting Clara," Eli put Hunter on speaker so he could text and keep talking. "I guess Twink's not there?"

"No, I mean he took out the trash and everything. The only thing out of place is this one random vibrator."

"What?" Eli laughed. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, it's just laying on the bed. It looks like there was a suitcase here but maybe he took it out at the last minute."

"Are you sure you don't want to be a cop?" Eli shook his head. "Who notices suitcase marks?"

"I do. Where should I put this?"

"Bend over and I'll show you."

"Mm, I would love that. This thing is big."

"How big?" Eli reached down to adjust his pants.

"I don't know, a few inches bigger than me."

"Sounds perfect," Eli closed his eyes. "Can you come home now?"

"With my less than perfect dick? Anything for you, babe."

"I did not say that!"

"Yeah, you did. Where do they keep their toys?"

"It depends," Eli sighed. "There are some in Brent's bedside table and the rest are in the closet. If it looks new I guess it probably goes in Brent's drawer of joy."

"Why don't we have a drawer of joy?" Hunter asked as Eli heard the drawer sliding open. "Oh my god, what is this thing?"

"I really, really need you to come home now," Eli opened his pants. "Right now."

"Goodness, Brent, I never knew," Hunter was still digging through the drawer. "He doesn't seem like the type."

"Hunter, please," Eli rubbed himself through his boxers. "I need you to get here as fast as you can."

"You said there are more in the closet? Wow. Did you hear back from Clara?"

"Please don't mention parents right now."

"I should stop, this is getting me so horny," Hunter cleared his throat. "I might have to come home."

"Are you even listening to me?" Eli moaned. "I am begging you to do exactly that. I'm so hard, Hunter."