Break My Fall

Adam got out of the shower that night and was met with the glorious sight that was his husband at their double sink in nothing but his long boxer briefs. After being married a few years Adam kept thinking he would get over it. Or at least become immune to Cole's sculpted muscles and tattooed skin. Somehow it hadn't happened yet.

"You like anything you see here?" Coke had caught him looking.

"Maybe some people are into all that, but I'm honestly a little..." Adam pretended he had to find the right word.

"What? Don't tell me," Cole had a knowing smirk on his face. "You'd rather have a guy who looks like he doesn't try that much when we all know he has to be working his juicy ass off."

"Uh, what?" Adam couldn't stop himself, he immediately pictured Eli. He fought it back. "I was gonna say horny."

"Okay then. Well good, cause I'm trying to get stuffed tonight."

"Charming."

"Wanna blow off this party so we can stay in?" Cole came forward, reaching for Adam's towel.

"Hands off. We can't skip my album release party," Adam dodged and got around Cole. He had to smile though. It was such a relief to feel like he and Cole were finally on the same page. Everything was going so well, Adam felt like he should pinch himself.

Complexx's album release party that night was the biggest one yet. Adam spent most of the night smiling for pictures with people he was sure he'd never met and would never be able to remember. It was fun, but it wasn't his favorite part of his job.

"What's your favorite part?" Cole looked so curious that Adam wondered if they'd really never talked about it before.

"Honestly?" Adam thought for a second. "Talking to fans. The small groups though, where you can actually have a conversation. Not when they're screaming at me and crying and all that. Like I can take a few tears and all but it's best when they calm down and can tell me like, their story or their favorite song."

"That is 100% exactly like you," Cole grinned. "I like that too, but I think I like being on stage more. Putting on a show."

"I think I would like that more if we had smaller shows," Adam thought back to the early days. "It would be-"

"Sorry," Cole interrupted. "Mom's called like 3 times."

"Oh no," Adam braced himself to hear Lucas's latest fuck up.

What Cole's mom had to say was worse than Adam could have ever guessed. Alaina, the girl carrying Lucas's baby had gone into labor 2 months early. She said the doctors were going to try and put a stop to it, but that Dax and Brent should get there right away.

Fortunately, Arizona wasn't a long flight. Cole and Adam went with Brent, Maddox and Hannah to the hospital where they found out that the baby, Chloe, was already born. The reason? Alaina was still doing meth, even though she was pregnant. She swore she'd only done it once but Adam refused to trust an addict. Especially since Lucas was involved.

"I can't believe this is happening," Cole whispered as they looked through the thick glass window at Maddox and Brent, standing over the tiniest baby Adam had ever seen. It - she - barely even looked human. Chloe was barely 4.5 pounds. Her hand wasn't even big enough to go all the way around Maddox's finger.

"Dat Ko-ey?" Hannah put her finger up to the window. "Baby siser. So peety."

"What's that?" Adam couldn't figure out what she was saying. "That's Chloe."

"Ko-ey mine now. Comin home."

"Not today," Adam saw the confused look on Hannah's face. It faded quickly.