Secret Love Song

"Are you really doing work right now?" Adam kissed Eli's neck, breathing in the smell he loved so much and peeking over Eli's shoulder at his computer.

"I am," Eli turned his head and Adam stole a kiss. "I was looking at an article on Brent's movie and then this thing with Scarlett popped up."

"Hmm," Adam squinted at the screen. He knew there was some drama with Maddox's little sister but he hadn't seen for himself. "Is that a joint? And a beer? Jeez, one month on a Justin Bieber tour and even Princess Scarlett is-"

"Shh," Eli interrupted. "She's like my little sister too. You know this is fake. Don't be mean."

"I wasn't," Adam kissed Eli's shoulder. "Why are you on TMZ anyway?"

"It's work, you know this."

"Uhuh," Adam turned his head to kiss Eli's neck and watched the goosebumps break out. He smiled. "When can you take a break?"

"Mm, I shouldn't, but give me-" Eli's phone started ringing. "Sorry."

"It's Dax," Adam's heart jumped when he saw the name on the screen. "Do you think it's Chloe?"

"I don't know, hang on," Eli answered. Adam sat down next to Eli so he could see his face. "Slow down, what?"

Adam held his breath. Over the past week, Dax and Brent had been with Chloe to see several different doctors and specialists. He didn't really understand the details but according to her doctor she wasn't doing everything other kids her age could or should. Every time he talked to Brent, Adam got a little bit more worried. Mostly because Dax and Brent didn't seem that worried and he wondered if they were taking it seriously enough.

"Okay, we're coming. I just have to wake up Clay," Eli stood up. "What can we bring? Anything?"

"I'll get him," Adam ran to the stairs. He tried to seem calm when he went in to get Clay, who'd fallen asleep in the car on their way back from breakfast. Eli said he was too old to take naps but Adam had hoped if they let Clay sleep it would mean more sex. Instead, Eli was working.

"Dad?" Clay sat up almost as soon as Adam walked in. He looked very confused. "Is it morning?"

"Yeah, you just had a nap. Let's put your shoes on, we're going to see Hannah," Adam wasn't sure he could promise Chloe or even Colin, not that Clay really wanted much to do with the toddler.

"Yay! Let's go now!" Clay scampered out of bed and found his shoes without Adam needing to remind him or plead for him to hurry up.

"Wow, that was so fast," Eli complimented as he rushed into the room. He went to Clay's closet. "Why don't you and Dad get in the car and Papa will catch up?"

"Okay, hurry, Dad," Clay grabbed Adam's hand and pulled him to the door. Adam watched Eli digging around the back of Clay's closet, tucking a half used pack of diapers under his arm.

"Diapers?" Adam questioned.

"Yeah, they have a new baby."

"Dad! We gotta go now! Hurry!" Clay tugged Adam's hand.

"Okay, okay," Adam followed Clay down the stairs. His thoughts were running way too fast. A new baby? That didn't even make sense.

But Eli came out of the house with a few of Clay's old baby things and Adam knew he'd heard right. Leave it to Dax and Brent to end up with a new baby completely out of nowhere. Knowing them, they were probably both freaking out at how sudden it happened.

It was no surprise that by the time Adam and Eli got to Dax and Brent's house, it was already crowded with other family members. Clara was already organizing movers to rearrange furniture and make space for more baby stuff in the baby room.