Say Something

"Mm, are you sure you have to get up?" Eli sighed when Hunter's alarm went off that morning. Hunter laughed and shut it off.

"It's my first day, I have to be more awesome than usual," Hunter kissed Eli's forehead and pulled him onto his chest. "You should go visit Dax, he's starting to get better and I bet he'd actually be happy to see you."

"I keep texting, he always says no," Eli listened to Hunter's heartbeat. "Should I go anyway?"

"Text him again today and see."

"Tomorrow we can sleep in, right?"

"Mhmm," Hunter sounded like he was drifting back to sleep already.

"Hey, come on, let's get up," Eli made himself get out of bed so Hunter would get up too. He grabbed his phone to check Instagram while he went to the bathroom and got dressed. "Goodness, Brent."

"Oooh, what now?" Hunter was suddenly wide awake. "Is it another sex picture?"

"No, it's his new puppy. He hasn't posted a picture of Dax or himself in like two days."

"That makes me sad. I liked his Maddox obsession."

"Right? I love them," Eli called through the bathroom door. Hunter tried to walk in and Eli put his foot against the door. "Nice try."

"Why can you take your phone to the toilet but I can't come in?"

"Because I need you to believe I'm just brushing my teeth, nothing else," Eli cringed as he flushed the toilet

"What do you brush your teeth with that makes the whole bedroom smell like shit?"

"You're supposed to pretend you don't smell that!" Eli gasped, opening the door. Hunter looked ready to laugh.

"I love you, but I also love your ass, and you love that I love your ass," Hunter tried to kiss him but Eli dodged. "I accept that there are certain things that go along with that."

"If you pee in front of me I will not let you near this ass for at least a week."

"Babe, we have one bathroom! What do you want?"

"A second bathroom," Eli ran out of the room before he had to follow through on his promise. He got a text back from Maddox that he could come over so he picked out clothes to put on before Hunter got out of the bathroom.

"One day," Hunter kissed the back of Eli's neck when he came out of the bathroom. "I will buy you a house where you can have your own bathroom with all the privacy you ever wanted."

"And then we'll have a baby and it will need my bathroom and we'll be right back to this."

"Our baby can share my bathroom. I don't mind sharing."

"Hunter, what if we have a girl?" Eli cringed.

"Dammit. I was so close," Hunter sighed. "I never knew guys could get baby fever but damn, Eli."

"That's really sweet, but mostly terrifying."

"Babe, we're not even married. I'm just saying."

"Ugh, we'll never be able to afford to get married if we keep quitting our jobs," Eli let Hunter hug him.

"We could just go to the courthouse, it doesn't have to be a thing," Hunter rubbed his back. "I don't need a big fancy party."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Okay," Eli took a deep breath. "Let me think about it."

Eli was still trying to picture not having much of a wedding when he got to Maddox's house later that morning. He wanted to do something more than going to the courthouse, but even the simple things he and Hunter had looked at were really expensive. Maybe they should think about Vegas. It didn't sound awesome, but it was better than nothing.