Demons

"So is this what you're doing now?" Zack eased himself onto the couch next to Adam. "What happened with Trevor?"

"Nothing happened, we're still...whatever," Adam offered him the joint but Zack shook his head.

"You haven't left the house in a week."

"Sorry? I thought we had the week off."

"We do, so why are you wasting it by sitting here smoking pot the whole time?"

"I'm not, I'm writing songs," Adam handed Zack the journal he'd already filled with song lyrics. He didn't know much about song writing but Adam knew Maddox used the thin black notebooks when he wrote so he'd gotten himself one just to try it. When he filled it halfway through in two days he knew he'd need more.

"Okay, but," Zack started to protest until he read the page in front of him. "This is actually pretty good."

"Try not to sound shocked."

"I'm not. Have you shown Jeff?"

"Not yet," Adam shook his head and took a hit. The idea of handing Jeff his lyrics made him queasy. He really liked how well a few of the songs turned out and could see performing them but he didn't think he could take it if Jeff didn't agree.

"You should, these are really good," Zack flipped through a few more pages. "I didn't know you were the writing type."

"I wasn't, or I didn't know I was," Adam frowned. "Want me to make food?"

"You don't cook."

"It can't be that hard."

It really shouldn't have been hard but somehow Adam managed to ruin two boxes of mac and cheese and a pan before Zack begged him to put a frozen pizza in instead. Adam still burned that but only a little.

"Okay, so there's a timer app on your phone," Zack demonstrated. "If you take the food out when it goes off, you should manage."

"I didn't think of that."

"Obviously," Zack tapped his burnt crust on the plate. "I've never seen anyone fuck up Kraft before."

"How should I have known what a tablespoon was? Or a measuring cup."

"You've watched me cook a million times. It never occurred to you that I wasn't using cups out of the cabinet to measure?"

"No."

"It's a good thing you're cute," Zack shook his head.

"Asshole," Adam shoved him. "Maybe I can hire someone to cook for me."

"Just do what Brent did and marry a guy who can cook."

"Ugh."

"I know, but I'd marry Dax too if it meant he would cook for me every day."

"He's not that great, you know," Adam rolled his eyes.

"Aw don't be jealous. Brent's not perfect either, you just can't see it."

"I know that, it's not about him being perfect."

"Yeah, I know," Zack sighed. "You gotta let go though, Adam. He and Dax are a done deal."

"I have. I've got Trevor, I'm trying."

"When was the last time you saw him?"

"Uh, it's probably like...two weeks ago?"

"Adam!"

"Well, we've been in the studio and he's filming so it's not like we have all this time."

Fanboy (boyxboy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें