Give Me Love

"Sign here, Eli."

Eli picked up the pen in front of him and signed where he was told. As soon as he put the pen down, he put his hand right back in his boyfriend's hand.

"Let's go, I have big plans for us," Logan grinned, leaning in to kiss Eli before they stood up.

For all the time Eli spent thinking he would probably be single for the rest of his life, he couldn't have been more stunned when he met Logan on Maddox's birthday. They were in New York for Josh's movie premiere, the first time Maddox and Eli had been back to that house since Dax's suicide attempt.

Eli flew out to surprise Maddox and bring presents from his family. They went to a club that night where Eli met Logan. He and Logan stayed up most of the night talking. As if that weren't surprising enough, Logan wanted to see Eli again and called the second he got back to L.A. to ask him on a date.

Logan was an actor like Josh. He did movies, mostly playing the high school boyfriend of whatever actress played the main character, but he'd been cast in his first leading role and was filming in L.A.. Eli felt like pinching himself every time he and Logan were together.

"That was really easy," Eli told Logan when they left his manager's office. "The last time I saw a contract like that it was...messy."

"I hate them. I trust you, I know your job revolves around protecting Maddox's image, like why would I think you were going to tell my secrets?" Logan rolled his eyes. "My manager insisted but, whatever. I don't have secrets anyway."

"No, but I get it. It's not personal," Eli shrugged. He hadn't even been surprised when Logan told him they would have to have a relationship contract. Logan apologized a million times but Eli understood.

That was the best part of being with Logan. He got it. Everything Eli had to do for work, his schedule, having to be on call for Maddox - Logan never complained. His own schedule was just as messy and complicated

"Okay, so this restaurant is not fancy but it was the first place I ever ate when I moved to L.A. to start working so it's like my comfort food, you know?" Logan explained as he parked the car. "And I've always been sneaky about it so the paparazzi haven't figured that out yet."

"It sounds great," Eli unhooked his seatbelt.

"Wait!" Logan insisted, jumping out of the car. He ran around to open Eli's door. "Sorry to yell, but I wanted to take care of you."

"Thanks," Eli couldn't keep from grinning like an idiot but he did keep himself from pinching his arm. How was Logan so good? It felt impossible.

Eli was still lost in that thought when he realized his phone was ringing. He cringed as Logan reached for his hand.

"What's the matter?"

"I'm so sorry," Eli shook his head, checking to see who it was. "It's Justin, I have to-"

"No problem," Logan nodded and moved to Eli's other side, away from the ear where he'd be holding his phone.

"Justin, is Dax-"

"He's fine, Eli," Justin laughed. "I'm sorry, I should call you more often."

"Okay," Eli took Logan's hand.

"Are you busy? I, uh, we need to talk about something and I was wondering if you could come by tonight."

"I'm on a date," Eli decided to be honest. "If it's important I'll definitely come, but if it can wait then..."

"It can wait until-" Justin was interrupted by someone. "Ah. Clara says no. I'm sorry, Eli, look, I've put this off too long. I, uh, need to tell you tonight. But I promise it won't take long. Can you stop by? Bring him if you need to."