Wonderful Unknown

"There you are," Eli spotted the serpentine belt's frayed edge as soon as he got his mirror in the right place. "But how did you get like this? You're too new to be so broken."

The words hung in the air as he studied what he could see from his vantage point under the hood of Adam's car. It was exactly what he expected when the car started squealing every time they drove it, but that didn't mean the problem made any sense.

"I guess someone could say the same thing about me," Adam's answer startled Eli into dropping the dentist's mirror he used to look at the belt. Eli spun to look at Adam. "So now what?"

"Now I take it off," Eli's mouth felt a little dry as he studied the look on Adam's face. Adam had sounded a little sad but his expression didn't seem sad at all. "Figure out why it's coming apart. You should have gotten another 100,000 miles out of this at least."

"Do you need help?"

"No, you can go do, uh, whatever," Eli shrugged. Adam tilted his head, his eyes running down Eli's body.

"And what if I just want to sit here and watch?"

"It's going to be at least an hour."

"I'll come back."

"Alright," Eli turned back to the car once Adam was gone. He took a slow breath to calm down.

Almost a week had passed since the day he moved into Adam's bedroom. So far they'd done their best to take things slow, but Eli knew it was just a matter of time before they stopped holding back. They'd talked a little about boundaries but for the most part the only thing stopping them was how much fun it was to wait.

Sometimes Adam still seemed lost in thought or distant, and he did find him crying sometimes, but Eli could see how much happier he was after just a week of being together. It helped him believe they were making the right choice, no matter how fast it felt sometimes.

After working a little over an hour, Eli had replaced the belt and fixed the leaky oil valve that created the mess in the first place. He'd changed the oil while he was at it and was topping off the wiper fluid when Adam came back outside.

"Are you...oh wow," Adam raised his eyebrows as he looked Eli over. "You're almost done, right?"

"Yep, you need your car?" Eli put the lid back on and closed the hood. He didn't have to hear Adam's answer to know that Adam had no plans to go anywhere.

"What I need," Adam stepped into the garage and pulled his shirt off. "Is standing right in front of me."

"Careful, I'm pretty filthy," Eli warned as Adam got closer.

"That's why I'm taking my clothes off," Adam stepped out of his shorts, setting his clothes on the only thing close to a clean surface in the garage. He reached for Eli's hips. "I'm done holding back."

"Oh, really?"

"Really," Adam kissed Eli hard. "Can I touch you?"

"Please," Eli nodded, his eyes still closed. He had to fight back a laugh when he remembered his brother warning him about exactly that very scenario when Eli first learned how to fix cars. But Adam wasn't very patient and stripped Eli's shirt off a minute later.

"Oh my god," Adam groaned. "Your body is perfect."

"Stop."

"I'm serious, Eli," Adam ran his hands over Eli's stomach. "You're so sexy I can't stand it. Look at these lines."

"I worked hard for those."

"It definitely paid off," Adam sighed and reached for Eli's shorts. "Can I see the rest?"