Broken Together

Adam stood in front of the mirror so long that morning that he lost track of time. It wasn't until Zack knocked on the door that he realized how long he'd been messing with his hair.

"Oh no, I'm gonna be late!" Adam threw the door open. Zack looked him up and down.

"Uh, where are you going?"

"The airport," Adam paused. "Do I look okay?"

"Yeah, you look nice."

"Ugh, that's not helpful," Adam rolled his eyes and went to grab his phone.

"So you're not coming to breakfast with us?"

"Nope," Adam opened the door to their hotel room and almost ran into Brent. He also looked Adam over before raising his eyebrows.

"Morning. You ready?"

"I'm not going with you," Adam shook his head. "Do I look alright?"

"You look really great, where are you going?"

"Thanks, um, just the airport, I'll be back."

Adam couldn't bring himself to tell Brent the whole story. He rushed down the hall to where one of their bodyguards was waiting and they got on the elevator to leave the hotel.

It felt like it took them forever to reach the airport and longer still to get to the private terminal where the chartered planes came in. Adam was so nervous he could barely keep his breathing steady as he watched through the tinted SUV windows for Cole to come out of the building.

No one but Monroe knew that Cole was flying in to see Adam. Not only had Cole wanted to see Adam before his tour ended but it was Cole's idea to come for a visit. Adam wouldn't have turned him down even if his managers refused to make the visit happen.

"Hey," Adam hoped he didn't look too excited when his bodyguard opened the backseat of the SUV for Cole to get in.

"Hey there," Cole grinned and kissed Adam as soon as he sat down. "Can we make out back here? Are these windows dark enough?"

"Nope," Adam's bodyguard shut the door without another word.

"I don't know if he was serious or not," Adam laughed but kissed Cole again. "Um, so, how are you?"

"So fucking happy to be here, that's for damn sure. Say um again."

"Uh, why?"

"Because you're too fucking cute when you get nervous," Cole shook his head. "I've been hard since I got on the plane this morning and you are not helping."

"Don't worry, I will," Adam wanted to keep kissing Cole but he could see his bodyguard glaring at him in the rearview mirror every few seconds.

"That's the problem. You've been teasing me for weeks already."

"And you haven't been teasing me? Whatever, you've probably reached your goal by now."

"Nope," Cole shook his head. "That's the problem."

"What? Really?"

"You heard me."

"But...why?" Adam saw Cole roll his eyes.

"Why do you think, sweet boy?"

"Are you still, um," Adam didn't want to bring up Maddox but he knew it was possible Cole was still sad about losing him. "Sad?"

"Sad?" Cole laughed. "I'm sad we both still have all our clothes on."

"Alright," Adam sighed and looked out his window.