The Maslow family

"Wakey wakey." I heard James whisper into my ear. I opened my eyes slowly. They were halfway open. "Good morning." I mumble them smiled. "Morning." He kissed my head. "Guess what today is?" He asked. "What?" I mumble. "We're gonna tell my family." He said. "Ohhh. When are we going?" I asked. "In 3 hours so get ready." He said. "But I wanna stay in bed. With you." I said. "Come on. Don't make me tickle you." He said. "Fine." I rolled out of bed and I fell. "Owww." I said. James quickly got to my side of he bed. "Are you ok?" He laughed and rubbed my head while I got up. "Mhm." I said and walked to the bathroom. I did my routine. Then James came in. "I was about to change you know." I said. "Go ahead.(picks up toothbrush)" I faces the other side so he wouldn't see me hopefully. I was wearing...

I turn back around and I see James looking at me

I turn back around and I see James looking at me. "Were you looking at me the whole time?" I asked. "Uhhh...yea." He said. "Hey, we're engaged so.." he said. "Your right." I said. He finished brushing his teeth and he go dressed. I got out of the bathroom and grabbed my things. "Y/n." He said. "Yep."I said. We're almost out the door. "Braids?" He said. I was confused until I touched my head. "Oh! Thanks babe." I said and at to the nearest bathroom as quick as I can. I took out my braids and my hair was really wavy like beach waves and I liked it. I sprayed my hair quickly and headed to the car.

"Ready." James asked as he turned on the car. "I hope." I said. "Don't be afraid my parents love you y/n." He said hike he placed his hand on my leg. "But what if they don't agree?" I asked. "They will and if they don't, I'll make them." He said. "I don't know James." I looked out the window. He placed his hand on my right cheek and made me face him. We stopped at the red light. "They love you y/n. What kinda parents make me sleep over at my girl, friend's house. For a week." He said. "Your right." I said. "Of course I am." He smiled then the light turned green.

Maslow's home

When James parked the car in the driveway we saw another car next to ours. "Whose car is that?" I asked. "I don't know." James said. We got out of the car and James took out his hand. I looked at it for a second and took it. I was shaking from nervousness. He rung the doorbell. James placed both his hands on my shoulder and rubbed his hands on my arms to my hands. He stood behind me and held both of my hands. "You'll be fine y/n." He said. "I hope I will be" I said in my mind. The door finally opened. "Y/n! James!" Mrs.Maslow said as she ran towards us and hugged us. "Hi mrs.Maslow." I said. "Come on in!(grabs your hand)" I looked at James with a half afraid half happy smile. He was laughing while he closed the door. "Mike! Guys James and Y/n are here!" She said. "My dear y/n it been 4 years since I've seen you! How have you been?" She asked as she placed both of us on the couch. "I've been great! How about you?" I asked. "Well mike and I just got back from Nevada to visit my cousin." She said. "That's great." I said and James sat down next to me. "Hey y/n. What's up?" I heard mr.maslow come down the stairs. "Hi mr.maslow. Well I'm guessing...the sky?" I said. "Correct!" He said and gave me a hug. "James!" He hugged James next. "I'll go get you guys some water." Mrs.Maslow said. "I can do it if you-"I suggested. "No.No dear I'll do it." She said and went to the kitchen. "So how have you guys been?" He asked as we made our way to the couch again. "Good actually." I said. "Yea." I said. "Y/N!" I heard someone say my name and jump hugged me. It was MJ. "Mj!"I hugged her. "Omggg it's been sooooo long!" She said. "Really long." I said. She hugged James. MJ was james' closet cousin and she went to the same school as us. So we were pretty close until James left. I noticed a ring on her left hand well two rings on her ring finger. I hid my left hand just in case someone asks." Your married?" James and I said in unison. "Woahhh that's creepy." She said. We both laughed. "How?" We said in unison. "Ohhhh." We both said. "Hahaha ok ok. Whose the lucky man?" I asked. "Emilio." She said dreamily. "MARTINEZ?!" James and I said in unison AGAIN. "Yeaaaaa why?" She asked. "He was like the most hottest guy in high school!" I said. "HEY!" James said. I looked at James dad and he had a confused look on his face. Then I looked at James."I never said I had a thing for him." I said. "Mhm." He said. I rolled my eyes. "Here are you waters." Mrs.Maslow said. "Thank you." I said. "Well...Emilio and I got married 3 years ago." She said. "Really?!" I asked. "Really." She said. "Sorry to interrupt but y/n how are you mom and dad?" Mr.Maslow asked. James looked at me and whispers in my ear. "Do you really wanna talk about it?" He whispers. I nodded yes while I played with my fingers. "Is everything alright dear?" Mrs.Maslow asked. "Yea...no...uhhh umm..." I said. "You can tell us dear." She said. "Y/n?" MJ said. I sighed. "My mother...umm she passed away not long ago... and my dad...well he died not long ago either." I said. "Oh my. I'm sorry for you loss." Mrs.Maslow said. "What happened?" MJ asked. "Ummmm" I wanted to tell them. I really do it's just I don't know how to. "James. You can tell them. " I said. I was too hurt to say it still. "Are you-" James asked. I nodded my head yes.

After James told them...

"Oh..oh my god." Mrs.Maslow said in shocked and came up to hug me and so did MJ. "I'm so sorry that happened to you." MJ said. "Me too. You should have came to us y/n." Mrs.Maslow said. "I thought no one would understand." I said. "We will and we could've help you. We will always be there for you." Mrs.Maslow said. "Always." Mr.Maslow said. "Thank you. It....it really means a lot to me." I said. I hugged them both again. "Your engaged?" Mr.Maslow asked in shock. I let go of MJ and Mrs.Maslow. "Your engaged?" Mrs.Maslow and MJ asked in unison. I smiled. "Too who?" MJ asked. "Is he handsome?" Mrs.Maslow asked. "He is very handsome." I smiled. "Is he nice?" Mr.Maslow asked. "Very nice." I laughed. I saw James blushing. "Is he tall? Like taller than James?" MJ asked. "He's... (looks at James) just as tall as him actually." I said. "Is he like those strong hard headed men or weak but loving man." Mrs.Maslow asked. "Well....ummm he's strong but he's also a very loving man and a bit of a cuddler." I said. "Awwwww." MJ said and I laughed. "JUST TELL US ALREADY!!" MJ said. I laughed. "James you can tell them." I said. "It's me!" James said. They all gasped. "WHAT?! THATS..." Mrs.Maslow stopped. I was getting worried. "THATS AMAZING!!!" She said and hugged the both of us. "Son you better treat her right." Mr.Maslow said. "I will." James said. "Mrs.Maslow thank you for you approval." I said. "Y/n no need to call us that anymore." Mr.Maslow said. "Then what should I call you guys?" I asked. "Mom and dad." Mrs.Maslow said and hugged mr.Maslow. "Really?" I smiled. "Of course you were always like a daughter to us." Mr.Maslow said. I smiled. "Omg JAMES AND Y/N SOOOO CUTEEEEE!" MJ said. "Thanks cuz." James said.

Later on...

James opened the front door for me and we both headed out the door. Mom and dad were right there standing next to it. "Bye! Thank you for the wedding invitation!" Mom said. "No problem." James said. "Bye kids!" Dad said and I waved bye to them. "I have to be honest you guys will make beautiful kids!" We heard from mrs.Maslow as we both opened the car doors. Once we closed them James and I looked at each other for a second and bursted out laughing. "Oh my god your mom just said that out loud." I said. We kept laughing for a few more seconds then stopped. James held my hand. "Our mom." He said and I smiled. James started the car and backed up. We said our goodbyes one last time and headed back. Wasn't that bad after all.