A heart broken into more than 1 million pieces

I was in line for leaving the cruise of course. The worker walked this way. He looked familiar. "So last time I'm gonna see you huh." Nathan said. He was the worker. "Yea." He opened the gate. "Bye." He said. "See ya." I said. I ran straight out. I found my car and quickly got in it. I was so glad that it wasn't LA traffic time right now I ready need to go home.

At the apartment...

I opened the door and grabbed boxes from the closet. I sighed. "Goodbye James." I whispered as I started to pack his stuff. Once I finished I placed all the boxes on the couch and floor. I started to unpack my things. Then I got a call. It was from Jayda. "Hello?" I said. "Y/n we have to go back home my mom is sick." I suddenly dropped my phone. I fell to the floor crying my eyes out just wanting to die. "Y/n?" I heard Jayda say. I didn't want to answer. "I got us tickets we leave in an hour so you better hurry your ass." She said and ended the call. I packed my things up again and made my way out the door. Not giving a care in the world about anything but my aunt.

At the airport...

"Our plane leaves in 5 minutes." Jayda said she looked at me. "Woah what happened to you." She asked. I looked at her very pissed. "Don't. Even. Ask." I said. "Flight 323 is boarding passengers now." The speaker said. Jayda handed me my ticket and ran. The line wasn't long. I was 5 people away from going into the plane. "Come on come on come on." I said impatiently. When I finally got to the lady she took my ticket and smiled. Once she was done smiling I walked quickly to the plane. My seat was in the back of the plane. I was sitting on the end next to the aisle. During the flight I was holding my tears as much as I can. And god it was hard to. Once in a while Jayda patted my shoulder and some tears fall out but that's wasn't even 1% of tears I wanted to cry out.

We finally landed back home and went straight to the hospital. "Hi may I help you." The nurse at the station said. "Yes please. We are looking for Bethany Ali." I said. "Oh she is in room H55." She said. "Thank you." Jayda said and we brang out luggages to her room. I opened the door quickly. "AUNT BETH!" I yelled and when I saw her on the bed and hugged her immediately. Crying on her shoulder my other cousins we sitting down. "There there little sunshine." She patted my back. She sounded so weak. I looked at her. She was paler than I expected her to be. "What's wrong?" I stuttered. "I don't have much time left here-" she said. I cried a little more. "Don't say that." I told her. "But I want you to know that James is a very lucky man." She said. I wanted to tell her I'm not with him anymore but she kept going. "And ever since your mama died and I took you in and treated you as my very own child I'm proud that I kept you safe from your father ever since what happened. (Gasps for air) I love you so much little sunshine." She placed her hand on my cheek. "I love you too Aunt Beth." She smiled. She gasped for air again then when I heard her exhale I saw the game art monitor drop to a flat line. "CALL THE NURSE!" I yelled. I was shaking and crying. George pulled me away from the bed and held me tight while I was crying. I kept hearing the nurses and doctors trying to bring my aunt alive until I heard the man ask, "death time?" He looked at the nurses. "Death time is 8:59 pm." She said. I managed to get out of my cousins George's arms. "NO SHE CANT BE DEAD!" I yelled running towards my auntie. My lightly patted her face. "No. No no no no. Stay with me please!" I yelled. I fell to my knees and grabbed her hand. "Stay with me." I whispered. I silently cried. "Ma'am we need you to back up please for the other family members." The doctor said. "Come here sweetie." Jayda said with her eyes open but very teary. "I'm gonna miss her too." She said. I just sobbed in her arms.

Three hours has passed and I still can't bare to see the woman who has raised me since I was 15 dead right there. Her son Matthew grabbed the photo album he has made with all the special memories to his car. I threw her favorite Arizona green tea down the sink. I kept some of the supermarket flowers from the windowsill but the rest I let stay in her room. Jayda went home to fix her mom's things (aunt Beth). I was still deeply sad. "Hey let's go home." John said. I looked at him and nodded yes.