Can I have this dance

It was Friday and James and I had to go back to dancing with the stars to perform. James told me to wait in the dance practice room for him. "I have big news!"  James yelled. "What?" I laughed. "We're gonna sing while we're dancing!!" James said. "What?!" I asked. "I can't sing!" I yelled. "Uh yea you can." He said. "You never heard me sing James." I said freaking out. "Well... remember when my parents had to go back to San Diego and I had no where to stay except for your house. Yea. Well the first night I was there i heard you in the bathroom singing. Then the whole 2 weeks I heard you singing." He said. I slapped my face. "I cant sing James I'm horrible." I said. "Yes you can. Please do it. For me at least. (Does puppy dog face)." He said. Omg he is doing that face again."ugh fine!" I said. "What song?" I asked him. "The song we have been dancing to." James said. "Can I have this dance?" I asked. He nodded.

James started the music. I breathed slowly. James grabbed me. "You'll be great and anyway it's just practice. We've heard this song plenty of times. I nodded and we began.
(James-J You-Y) (play the song if you want😂)

Y- Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine,
And let the music be your guide.
Both- Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next

Both-It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

J- Take my hand, I'll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall (dips y/n) You know I'll catch you through it all

Both- And you can't keep us apart (even a thousand miles, can't keep us apart)

Both- 'Cause my heart is (cause my heart is) wherever you are
It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance
Y- Oh no mountains too high enough, oceans too wide
'Cause together or not, our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be
Both- It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you (like you)
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do (way we do)
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

"I told you were great!" James said hugging me. I blushed because I can't take compliments too well. "Now it's time to get ready." I said. "Kiss?" James said. I leaned in and so did James until a quickly pulled back. "Hahahaha later." I said. "Oh I'll get you!" James said. "Mhmm." I said and hugged him. "Well I gotta get ready bye!" I said.

James:

You:

I looked at myself in the mirror

I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was in a low side bun with some hair strands that were curl were out. I looked different. I usually don't wear that much make up. Honestly it's not a bad different. I felt a bit more confident. When I got out of my dressing room I saw James right there. "Are you waiting for me?" I asked him. "Yes your my girlfriend." He said. "And partner." I said. I took out my arm. He locked arms with me. We were after Kenzie and Kendall. When they finished it was James and our turn.

I looked at  James scared. "Take a breath." He told me and I breathed slowly.

Then the song began. (Play video)

When we finished I felt so happy I couldn't stop smiling. Everyone was out of their seats clapping and cheering. We walked over the the judges."WOW THAT WAS AN AMAZING DANCE. NO ONE EVER WANTED TO SING AND DANCE AT THE SAME TIME IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!" The Tom said. "Thank you." James said. I smiled."you guys were great and y/n you singing was practically as great as Jordan Sparks!" One of the judges said. We walked over to Erin. "You guys were great! It was so adorable!" She said. James and i smiled at each other for our accomplishment. "Let's see what the judges give you." She said. We looked at the screen and it was 9+9.5+9.5+9.5. "You guys got 37.5!" She said so excited. "Ahhh!" I screamed so happy. "WE DID IT!" James said and we hugged each other. We walked out to our dance room. When James closed the door I jumped up and down. "WE DID IT! WE DID IT! WE DID IT!!" I said. I jumped on to James for a hug. When we were done celebrating we went out to see the other dancers. My eyes opened wide when I saw Amanda. I kept hitting James in the arm freaking out. "J-j-James?" He looked at me but I was too busy panicking. "A-a-Amanda!" I said. "What?!" He said. "What is she doing here I thought she was in jail?!" I asked. "I don't know she was though." James said. I looked at James. "James I'm scared!" I said. I wasn't worried about her killing me but I was worried that she will hurt James and my friends. James pulled my arm and we went to my dressing room.