18

18/Funeral

18/Funeral

"New Directions! I would like to introduce you to our new show choir consultant, Jesse St. James." Will said as Paris rolled her eyes at the boy standing next to Will as Rachel clapped loudly and everyone glared at her. She had heard all about how he was kissing all over Rachel from her brother and she couldn't believe what an ass he actually was.

"I don't trust this guy." Finn said as everyone looked at him, "How do we know he's not just going to trick us into doing something stupid so his alma mater wins." Finn said as Jesse rolled his eyes and looked at him, "I don't need to do much tricking to get you to do something stupid, Finn. Besides they kicked me off their team, why would I want them to win?"

"Guy's, Jesse is a consultant, I still make the calls." Will said reassuring the group, "Now I have all the confidence in the world in you guys, I just think we could use all the help we can get because, that is it." Will said as he pointed towards the board that read, 'Nationals'

"This is it, we've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and that moment is finally here. I was talking to Jesse, and he agreed we should continue our successful trend of doing original songs for the competition. I was thinking of doing one number and one duet."

"Rachel and I should do a duet." Finn said quickly and Paris rolled her eyes, not very fond of the girl at the moment. "We killed it last year at Regionals with Faithfully." He said as Quinn started to talk.

"Yeah, it killed us. We lost." She said as Paris snorted and Sam looked at her with a smile as she sat back in her chair embarrassed of the noise that just left her body. "May I?" Jesse asked as Will gave him permission and Jesse looked at Finn.

"I agree that Rachel should be the lead, but, Finn, I think it's best if you sit this one out. The fact is, most of the guys in here are better singers and Mike Chang, who can't even sing, can at least dance. You kind of sing and dance like a zombie who has to poop."

"See what I'm talking about, this guy's a jerk." Finn said as Paris rolled her eyes at the two's feud and sat back in her chair, "Maybe you could be a little more gentler with your words." Will suggested as Jesse scoffed.

"Gentler? I'm sorry, I didn't realize we were training for the, "Good Try" ribbon at Nationals. I thought we were in it to win the whole damn thing, and there's only one way we could do that." He said.

"Poison darts?"

"The Vocal Adrenaline strategy is simple. Identify your best performer and build the entire performance around them." He said as Mercedes looked at him, "So what does everyone else do?" She asked, already knowing that Rachel Berry was more than likely going to get the lead and Puckerman joined in, asking the question everybody wanted to know, "And who's our star performer."