xviii. stop talking

Comincia dall'inizio

"What the hell is going on with Jackson?" Lydia asks Sabrina as she shuts her locker.

"Dear god you gave me a heart attack Lydia." Sabrina says placing her hand over her heart feeling it beat fast. "Why do you always do that, why do you always scare me?"

Lydia ignored Sabrina continuing, "He broke up with me, he called me dead weight, said he needed to get rid of me so that he could get ready for some big changes coming into his life."

"Aw Lyds, are you okay?" Sabrina asks, Jackson may be a jackass, but Lydia loved him and she didn't deserve to be treated like that.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Lydia replies. "I just want to know what's wrong with him." Sabrina looks at Lydia with worry in her eyes, she wraps her arm around Lydia as they walk down the hall to their next class, Jackson was really becoming a pain in her ass.

-

"Stiles, we really need to do something about Jackson." Sabrina says as they jump out of his jeep, thankful school was over. Stiles sent her a look of agreement. She followed him up into his room before noticing Derek. He raised a finger to his mouth in a 'be quiet' motion, but Stiles having not noticed him yet, turned around and quickly proceeded to blurt out his name. It didn't help that Stiles dad was looking for him at that point so he rushed out, shutting the door behind him in an attempt to hide Derek. "He's an idiot." Derek whispers.

"I know." Sabrina whispers back. It seemed Stiles had finished his conversation with his dad because he walked back in the room. The minute he walked back in Derek had Stiles by his shirt and he had thrown him against the door.

"If you say one word-" He began threatening.

"-Oh what? You mean like, hey Dad, Derek Hale's in my room, bring your gun?" Stiles replied, a smirk on his face. Derek's jaw clenched as he released his grip, glaring down at Stiles as he continued. "Yeah that's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules, buddy." Derek didn't reply, only fixing Stiles jacket for him in response. Stiles did the same to Derek, going to his laptop when Derek lunged at him. He freaked, "Oh my god!" Falling onto his chair, he held his heart while Sabrina snorted, laughing at what just happened.

"Did Scott get the necklace?" Derek asks.

"No, he's still working on it." Stiles explains, rolling to face them. "But there's something else we can try." All day Sabrina had been wondering what Stiles plan was. "The night we were trapped at the school, Scott sent a text to Allison asking her to meet him there."

"So?" Derek frowns.

Sabrina realized where Stiles was going. "You want to trace the text."

"Yeah.... but not me." Stiles exclaims. Realizing who he was referring to, Sabrina ended up saying his name at the same time as Stiles. "Danny."

"We just need to wait for him." Stiles explains, "I've already texted him, he should be here in a few minutes."

Sabrina nodded, crawling to the top of the bed and laying her back against the wall. Derek seemed to look lost for a while before he picked up one of the random werewolf books Stiles had laying around, and sat in the seat next to the bed. After a while Stiles came back into the room with Danny. Stiles walked over to his desk chair, sitting on it as Danny sent a curious look at both Derek and Sabrina. Sabrina sat up sending an innocent smile. "Hey, Danny."

"Hey, Sabrina." He replies, turning his attention to Stiles and frowning. "So you want me to do what?"

"Trace a text." Stiles tells him as if it was nothing.

"I came here to do lab work." Danny says dryly, "That's what lab partners do."

"And we will." Stiles reassures him, "Once you trace the text."

"And what makes you think I know how?" Danny questions.

"I looked up your arrest report." Stiles replies.

Danny look slightly caught off guard. "So, I-I was thirteen. They dropped the charges. No, we're doing lab work."

Danny glanced at Sabrina and Derek. "Who's he again?"

"Um." Stiles struggled to come up with an answer and Sabrina was about to create a lie when Stiles blurted out. "My cousin, Miguel." Sabrina couldn't help it, she burst out laughing as Derek's head shot up from the book he was reading. Sabrina turned towards the wall while covering her mouth. "I'm sorry, I have a tickle in my throat." She says fake coughing.

"Why is there blood on his shirt?" Danny asks.

"Um, he gets terrible nosebleeds." Stiles turns to Derek saying. "Miguel, I thought I told you, you could borrow one of my shirts."

Sabrina watched in amusement as Derek stood from his seat, throwing the book onto the bed in annoyance and removing his shirt. Doing her best not to gape at him as he took off his shirt getting a large amount of abs. Sabrina watched as he tried on many shirts that didn't fit.

"Uh Stiles?" Derek questions, turning to face the teenagers in the room. "This no fit." He tells him.

"Try something else on." Stiles huffs. Derek scowls, looking through the drawers until he finally finds something that might fit. Unfortunately it was one of Stiles less attractive items of clothing, Sabrina couldn't help but grimace as he pulled on the orange and blue top on, sending Stiles a death glare. It fit, but only barely. His arms looked like they were going to burst out of it at any minute. Stiles noticed Danny's eyes latched onto Derek, grinning. "Hey, that one looks pretty good, huh? What do you think, Danny? That shirt?"

"It's, it's not really his color." Danny replies.

Stiles smirked, throwing his arm around Danny's shoulder. "You swing for a different team, but you still play ball, don't you Danny boy?"

"You're a horrible person." Danny sighs.

"I know." Stiles responds smugly, "It keeps me awake at night. Anyway... about the text."

Meanwhile, Derek was still struggling to find a shirt, standing in the middle of the room shirtless and scowling. "Stiles! None of these fit." Upon seeing Derek shirtless yet again, Danny gave in, sighing and telling them what he'd need to figure it out. The smug smile on Stiles face only succeeded in bringing a small one onto Sabrina's face, she rose from the bed taking pity on Derek.

"Cmon Miguel, we'll go see what Mr Stilinski has." Sabrina says.

"Don't take anything that looks fancy." Stiles yells out. Sabrina ignores him and walk towards Sheriff Stilinski's room. She goes towards the closet, and grabs a black t-shirt that looks like it would fit Derek a lot better than one of Stiles shirts.

"Here." Sabrina states handing the shirt to Derek.

"Thanks." He replies, smoothing it down.

"You're welcome." Sabrina responds, it was just then she noticed how close they were, their lips dangerously close, before anything else could happen, they heard Stiles yell. "We found something!" Stiles called, shaking Sabrina from her trance. She shook her head and walked out of the room, standing next to Danny to see the screen, feeling Derek stand behind her.

"That can't be right." Derek frowns. On the screen in tiny red letters, it said the account was registered to Melissa McCall. How could Scott's mom have sent the text that night? Why would Scott's mom send the text? Was it really even Melissa, she wouldn't do that to her son? Sabrina's mind raced with questions and pretty soon, she was going to get the answers.