Chapter 49: To You

GUYS THIS BOOK HAS 60K READS OMG I KNOW THATS NOT A LOT BUT THATS MORE THAN I EVER THOUGHT IT WOULD GET THANK YOU ALL  SMMMM!!!

Laila's POV

After the unapproved of visit from Jacob yesterday, I decided to really think about my college application. This could be a new start, the hopefully beginning to the life I always dreamed of, as cliche as it sounds. I never imagined Jacob becoming a sensation, I never pictured us traveling to every point on planet Earth so he could share his music. I always knew deep down in my heart that we would start and end life together, but never thought the ride would go quite like this. I'm thankful for the opportunities I've been given, and I am beyond proud of Jacob, but we are living a fantasy. We both know there's more out there than pleading to millions of fans with sappy love songs about imaginary girls. He has real musical talent beyond his records and covers. Jacob can compose music, all kinds of it too. He would really excel in teaching and writing music that moves the soul. You know what I mean? Yeah, okay. As for me, I've been playing the tag along game for my entire life. I had my opportunities here and there, but if it meant interfering with Jacob, then I turned them down. I have myself grown some fame, probably because Jacob and I are attached by the hip, but I never did anything with it. I refused to become a social media sensation, as bad as that sounds. I personally feel there is more to life than posting appealing pictures and singing heartfelt songs. They call these people social influencers? What are they proving? That a Barbie looking, rich town, plastic looking girl or guy can make a living because people like their pretty faces, pretty cloths, and pretty pictures. If they were really influencers, they would realize that anyone, even a middle class, not so perfect and not so pretty person can make as much of a difference as they can if they only had the wealth and opportunities these famous people did. There are people that actually care about keeping some sanity and humanity in this world before it goes corrupt to the rich and famous. Have you gotten the point yet? It's all about what you do with your opportunities. I will sure as hell not be wasting mine. This is to you, to the people that have groundbreaking, life changing stories and ideas, but will never be accepted and known for them because you didn't have what these Barbie doll social media queens had. This is to you for having a heart and soul, for hanging on to your integrity, morals, and self respect. This is to you, because you should be heard. I'm sorry that society doesn't plan for misfits, there is nothing I can do to change that. What I can do is make it for myself, for Jacob. We have those opportunities, and I promise, cross my heart hope to die, we won't waste it. This is to you.

AN: as you can tell, this was kind of rant from the heart. I truly believe in everything that was said. Once again my updating game is awful, and no apology will make up for it, let's face it. Anyway, this was really for you. Happy readings
-LK