Chapter 39: Family Reunion

Laila's POV
     " wake up sweetie, we have to get Jacob and go to the air port" my mom said shaking me awake.
   " has anyone told you to not shake a deep sleeper awake?" I asked with annoyance in my tone.
   " well if it's the only thing that works then your going to have to get over yourself" she said with the same amount of sass as she left the room.
   " geeeze" I mumbled so she couldn't hear me.
   I walked over to my window to see if Jacob was up, and he wasn't, what a shock , note the sarcasm.
   I opened my window to see that his is still open from when I jumped last night.
   " WAKE UP" I yelled so he could hear me.
   " five more minutes mom"he mumbled flipping on his stomach.
   I guess I'll have to do this the hard way.
  I climbed onto the rail of my balcony and jumped to his , struggling a little with my tired limbs.
   I walked over to his bed and and jumped on him letting all my weight sink in.
   " mom I said I'm up" he said opening his eyes.
   "  your not my mom" he said wiping his eyes to see better.
  " you really think your mom would jump on you to wake you up?" I questioned.
   " you know my mom, it's possible" he said sitting up with me still on top of him.
   I almost fell asleep again from his comforting body heat, but he stood up and walked me back to the window.
   "Go get ready we have to leave in 20 minutes" he said kissing my cheek. I nodded and climbed back to my room, with a little more ease than last time.
********skip to the air port*****
   We walked through the entrance looking for gate 9.
    " gate 6......gate 7......gate 8.....ahh gate 9" Pat said as we walked down the long halls.
   " they should be here any minute" my mom said sitting down in the waiting area.
   I'm really excited to see them, but mostly Kate.
   I saw Tanner and Caroline recently for our little trip back in October but I haven't seen Kate in two years.
   Kate and Caroline have been friends like Jacob and me, since birth. They have similar birthdays too, but Jacob and me are still closer. Kate and Caroline are room mates I'm collage, and they are sophomores.
   Tanner and Caroline are still dating but Tanner is a freshman in Collage.
    " Mom!!" I hear a familiar voice yell from the distance.
   I looked up from my phone and saw Kate, Caroline, and Tanner running toward us.
   Jacob and I both sat up, he ran to Caroline, I ran to Kate.
  Tanner and my mom hugged for a few minutes while Kate and I were full on crying in our bear hug. Kate and I were really close before she left but after she did we lost contact for two years, and I miss her like crazy.
   After our little melt down I let my mom hug Kate , and I went to Tanner.
   " I missed ya sis" he said wrapping his arms around me.
   After our hug I saw him look at Caroline who was smiling and holding onto Jacob.
   " so how's it been going" I say referring to Caroline.
   " amazing...she's amazing"
He said awing at her.
   " how about you and Jacob?"he asked smirking.
   " you know, we're still the most perfect couple out there" I said boasting a little.
   "Well I can't argue with that" he said laughing.
    Tanner turned back to Caroline and once again was drooling.
   " what now" I asked laughing at his expression.
   "Her smile, she's really happy, and her smile it's just...." I cut him off
   " I know, I see it in Jacob too" I say tuning to him to see him and Caroline doing their little handshake.
    Jacob motioned for me to come to him, so I did.
   I gave Caroline a big hug too because she's like my second sister, Jacob did the same to Kate.
    " hey how've you been little bro" Kate says patting his back. Kate still doesn't know about me and Jacob dating, well I don't think she does.
   " hey Jacob, wanna mess with Kate, I don't think she knows about you know 'us'" I say whispering so he can only hear.
   He nods and smiles, " follow my lead" he says as we make our way over to Kate again.
   "Ok kids, let's get home so Kate, Caroline, and Tanner can gets some sleep, Jacob and Laila can stay at our house but you have to keep it down" she says eying us, we don't have a good reputation with being quiet.
   Jacob and I walked in front of Kate and Caroline, and he snaked his arm around my waist, step one.
    Without being noticeable I looked back at her and saw she was making a confused face.
   I turned back to Jacob and tried to contain my laughter. He looked back at me and winked, meaning he was going to take it a step further.
   Since he was so much taller than me I was able to rest my head in his arm near his shoulder, then he could bend downs and kiss the top of my head.
    This time he looked back at Kate and she looked even more bewildered.
    Ok this one has got to get her to crack. I looked at Jacobs and nodded, he lowered his hand from my back to the top of my butt, now I rarely  will let him do this cause it looks kind of trashy, especially in public , but it has a good purpose at the moment.
    He kept moving his hand lower and I eventually gave him the " back the hell off look", he understood and moved his hand back to the small of my back.
    " we're going to get some Starbucks, wait here so we can still see you" my mom said walking off with Mrs.Sartorius.
   If I weren't so tired if currently be offended that they are getting Starbucks with out me but I don't really care at the moment.
    Kate and Caroline sat on the bench, Tanner stood by Caroline and Jacob and me stood in front of Kate.
    We can tell that she is confused by our affectionate actions, but she still hasn't said anything about it.
    " alright that's it, stand right there, make a cheesy joke, then give me a small kiss, I don't want to freak her out" I whispered to Jacob while pointing where he should stand.
   We got in position, then he made a really cheesy joke, I pretended to laugh at it, but before he could kiss me I made sure Kate was watching, as she was.
   Jacob leaned down and pecked my lips, after I pulled away we both put on big cheesy grins and turned to Kate.
   " alright, what's going on here?! Does mom know!" Kate said storming over to us.
   " chill your grill, it took you long sought to notice" I said lifting Jacob and my intertwined hands to her face.
   " wait , so you guys are dating?" She asked.
   " yup, for almost a year now" I say proudly.
   " oh my gosh, finally!!" She practically yelled earning a few stares from the surrounding public.
   " ya, we get that a lot" I mumbled.
   " what was that?" She asked wanted to hear what I had said.
   " I said we get that a lot  everyone who know us said ' finally' when they figure out were dating" I say looking to Jacob , then back to Kate.
   " well I'm not surprised, everyone you guys know had anticipated your relationship, ever since you were little kids you could see it when you guys hung out, and when you got older it was smack you in the face obvious that you liked each other , I don't know how you guys went that long without noticing" She says out of breath.
    " ya we get that a lot too, now can we go home" I say pointing to our mothers waiting.
  "So you finally figured it out" Pat says to Kate while pointing at Jacobs and me.
   Kate just nodded, " took ya long enough, I saw that game you kids were playing" she said laughing.
   " what game?" Kate asked.
   " Kate your hair may be died brown but we all know your naturally blonde" I say laughing at my own joke. She is legit the most clueless person I've ever met.
******at home******
    " Kate , there is someone I'd like you to meet" I say opening the door where Dory was.
   " you got a dog!" She says running to her.
   Dory tackled her to the ground and starts licking her face.
   " dory? I'm guessing Jacob named her ?" He added reading her name tag.
   " yup, for our birthdays we got a dog, it's not my dog, or his dog, it's our dog" I say explaining the situation.
   " aww that's sweet, by the way I'm sorry I could t make it home for your birthday like Caroline and Tanner could, in my fall break I went backpacking in Greece , I have tons of pictures" she said pulling out her phone.
   " I went on a little adventure myself, but that story is for another time" I said petting dory.
   " oh Caroline has already told me the whole thing, I wish I could have done that with someone I love " she said sighing. Since she is always traveling it's hard for her to have a boyfriend so she hasn't had one in two years.
     " so when do you go back?" I ask walking with her into her untouched room.
   The sight of it sent chills down my back. When she first left I would come in here all the time because I missed her so much.
   Jacob tried to comfort me during those times but I was just too sad. I haven't been in here since, and it's weird knowing that it's just been sitting like this all this time.
   " I miss this room" she said flipping on her bed.
    " I'm staying till my break is over , so a couple days after New Years" she says walking back to her suitcase.
   " that's great, you will be here for a little over a week. ! Well I'm tired and Jacob is waiting so I'll see you in a few hours" I say walking out of her room, shutting the door behind me.
   Jacob and I laid down on the couch and watched a movie so it was quiet upstairs, I eventually fell asleep, but I don't know about Jacob. The last thing I remember was him playing with my hair while singing along to spongebob, you know , the usual.

AN: ok so this will the will be the second update today, your welcome. My thumbs hurt really bad know because this was almost 2,000 words and I'm on my phone and I write this in about 10 minutes. Happy readings!
~LK

Not Now, Not Yet, Not Ever. On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara